Need help understanding your bill?
SpartyMcParty's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, October 1st, 2019 2:07 PM

128kb data speed??? I'm switching to another carrier.

I'm switching to another carrier. I've been with AT&T since the Cingular days, Pre-iPhone! Funny since I switched from the unlimited plan (I was averaging about 6GB a month) now that I'm on the 9GB shared plan,  I go over EVERY SINGLE MONTH. Now my speeds are slowed to less than 128kb with a week left on my cycle and there is NO WAY to add more bandwidth.. how fast is 128kb? Ill tell you how fast, about as fast as a herd of snails traveling through peanut butter. Unusable speed for ANY smartphone. I believe the verbiage was that the speed will slow to 128kb if the network is congested. Well, it must always be congested because I'm getting about 90kbps. This is unacceptable, not to mention the fact that all the robo calls and spam are likely using some of that 9GB of data each month that wont stop! Im fed up, will be letting the social media universe know about this aggravating issue for sure. This isn't right. 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

all carriers have the same policy with overages

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Nowhere in your incomplete sentence does it address my issues. thx for your help, Id expect nothing less from an AT&T employee

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

I believe the verbiage was that the speed will slow to 128kb if the network is congested. Well, it must always be congested because I'm getting about 90kbps. This is unacceptable, not to mention the fact that all the robo calls and spam are likely using some of that 9GB of data each month that wont stop!

No, the verbiage is it will slow to a maximum of 128kbps and has nothing to do with network congestion. It slows once you use up your 9GB and no, none of your calls are using any of your 9GB.   Whatever it slows to, it’s not meant to be usable. You wouldn’t be any happier with 128 than you are with 90. If you switch to another carrier and get a capped data plan, you will likely experience the same thing.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@SpartyMcParty wrote:

I'm switching to another carrier. I've been with AT&T since the Cingular days, Pre-iPhone! Funny since I switched from the unlimited plan (I was averaging about 6GB a month) now that I'm on the 9GB shared plan,  I go over EVERY SINGLE MONTH. N

Well, it seems like we know what the solution to the problem is. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@SpartyMcParty wrote:

I'm switching to another carrier. I've been with AT&T since the Cingular days, Pre-iPhone!   Okee  dookey 

Funny since I switched from the unlimited plan (I was averaging about 6GB a month) now that I'm on the 9GB shared plan,  I go over EVERY SINGLE MONTH.   And that’s going to be how it is down the road.  The bigger, faster and more capable our smartphones are, the more data they use.  

Now my speeds are slowed to less than 128kb with a week left on my cycle and there is NO WAY to add more bandwidth..  yeah, another $20 for Unlimited.  Plus the audio or video perks. 

how fast is 128kb? Ill tell you how fast, about as fast as a herd of snails traveling through peanut butter. Unusable speed for ANY smartphone. I believe the verbiage was that the speed will slow to  a maximum of 128kb once you use up your 9 gigs  if the network is congested.  Well, it must always be congested because I'm getting about 90kbps.

This is unacceptable,  but that’s the plan you picked.  So why did you pick it?  And why don’t you change?

not to mention the fact that all the robo calls and spam are likely using some of that 9GB of data each month that wont stop!   They don’t use data.  🤨.   And neither are limited to At&t.  All carriers are having the same problem.  

Im fed up, will be letting the social media universe know about this aggravating issue for sure. This isn't right.   

Lets see if I got this right:  You’re angry because when you use up your data you don’t have any more data to use. And you’re angry because you get Robocaller’s which everybody and every other carrier gets to.   Life is going to be full of disappointments.  🤨

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

@SpartyMcParty  my sentence was pretty clear and take a moment to read my disclaimer im here as a customer not an employee and i dont represent at&t in any capacity here, please tell me where you work so i can say your reply is what id expect from XXXXX company

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Kudos to all the cynical and sarcastic answers/responses. I understand that there are solutions, however, W-T-F on slowing people down to 128kb. Its laughable (lol twice as fast as a 56k modem back in the 90's? hooray! Might as well cut it to zero kb), they may as well put this verbiage in the plan: If you use all your data, we will make sure you are as frustrated as possible and make it super difficult to get help. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@SpartyMcParty    Dude you bought a nine gig, capped plan.  How else can we word that to make you understand you aren’t entitled to more than 9 gigs, when you buy a 9 gig plan?  

You can make an effort to use less, or change plans.  

https://techgreatest.com/android-news/we-crushed-8gb-data-on-verizon-5g-in-1-minute-with-a-galaxy-note-10-5g/

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Dude, nice way to inject a link in there, for what I dont know... BTW, all unlimited plans on major networks are "capped". They slow or throttle after reaching a specific threshold and Im just saying its shady. they all do it. and they all know that people have no clue what 128kb speed is. let alone what dvd quality is for streaming. its a joke.  

[Inappropriate content removed]

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@SpartyMcParty wrote:

Kudos to all the cynical and sarcastic answers/responses. I understand that there are solutions,

Ok, then what is your complaint? 

however, W-T-F on slowing people down to 128kb. Its laughable (lol twice as fast as a 56k modem back in the 90's? hooray! Might as well cut it to zero kb), they may as well put this verbiage in the plan: If you use all your data, we will make sure you are as frustrated as possible and make it super difficult to get help. 

Saying you will only get up to 128 kbps is a nice way of saying that exact same thing. After you use your allotment, don't plan on using internet on your phone. Would it really make you happier if they turned it off completely?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.