Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Celebrate all that he does with a gift for every kind of dad!
A

• 

6 Messages

Sat, Sep 26, 2020 7:11 PM

Unable to connect existing wearable cellular to new Apple Watch Series 6 - Small Business account

Spent 10 hours on phone with AT&T tech support over the last 4 days, reseting, re- pairing the  new watch but no luck with syncing existing Watch cell number from series 5 watch to existing  iPhone 11Plus.  Small business account [less than 15 employees] was migrated to MyATT several months ago & I suspect that is the issue? A very brief error code flashes on the screen of phone after the "oops we're sorry message"  RESCOM0111 which is an AT&T issue. Escalated to level 2  now waiting 48 hours to see if they've discovered the issue.  My series 5 cellular watch was fine. We tried changing the watch cell number and creating a new number for the new watch but no luck.

Responses

• 

1 Message

7 m ago

Just got two series 6 watches today.  One connected to cellular and the second one did not on one of the phones.  Worked with Apple for quite a while.  Will be having a voice call with them and AT&T engineering.  Hopefully will get this worked.  

• 

6 Messages

7 m ago

Dear Masterchef - Checking in on whether this miraculous method is still working cuz it's been 4 months and still no cellular on my Watch series 6 :-(  Questions:  (1) Are u w/a Small Business Account?  (2) My watch sync # is never successfully added to my existing business account group, so is never recognized as linked to my cell phone (3) I receive security alert after the RESCOM0111 message saying my cellular # not used  (4) was told to turn off wifi by one tech/another tech said keep it on.  Which method did u use?  Thanks!!!!!!

• 

1 Message

6 m ago

We have been having the same problem. We have spent the last three weeks, and upwards of 24 total hours on the phone with small business IT/tech support, as well as over 5 hours in an AT&T store and no one can resolve this situation. 

Have been on a small business plan for over three years now. Had the Apple Watch Series 3 and had no issues connecting cellular to that Watch. Now got the new Apple Watch Series 6, and after multiple phone calls, "backoffice" calls, calls with manager/supervisers, calls with small business IT, yet no one can figure out what the issue is or why cellular isn't connecting.

This is what happens:

"Set Up Cellular" --> "Add a New Line" --> cannot connect and get an error code that says "MSSI_INVALID_INPUT." Then press "OK" and get another error code. No one can figure it out, no one understands what it means, and I have spent countless hours unpairing, re-pairing, turning off, turning on, resetting network settings, waiting 4 hours, rinse and repeat. It is so incredibly frustrating. 

I was told by the store employee that AT&T has had this issue with small business lines for the Series 5 and 6, which means that for almost a year, AT&T has been unable to resolve this issue. I now have a $550 watch that can't be used for its intended purpose. AT&T is a real shame and disappointment of a company. 

• 

4 Messages

5 m ago

Has anyone tried switching the watch that won’t connect on AT&T to Verizon?  I’m about ready to move my account but don’t want to run into the same problem.  I’ve been back and forth with AT&T since I upgraded from the s3 to the series 6 (in September 2020) and they haven’t made any progress - same issues as noted numerous times on this board!  I’m not a small business account, but I do have 5 phones and 3 watches on the account, but now only 2 are working.  thanks

• 

8 Messages

5 m ago

I also have posted my problems on another AT&T forum. I received a reply from a guy who had the same issue I had but found a solution. He said it’s the iPhone that is the problem. Basically, says it’s a NumberSync issue with the particular iPhone and that if you use another iPhone to pair to AT&T it works to set up the NumberSync. So when you pair it back to your own phone since it now has NumberSync it pairs correctly. Below is a work around that he has discovered and so far, it works!

I did this with 2 iPhone 11’s, all with latest IOS. (My wife's phone has a cellular apple watch 4, all works well on her phone. I have the apple watch 6.)

Charge and backup both iPhones and Watches.

Unpair my wife’s watch on my wife’s phone, keep cellular plan if asked.

Unpair my watch on my phone and keep cellular plan.

Power wife’s phone off, remove SIM card.

Power my phone off, remove SIM card.

Place my SIM card in wife’s phone and power the phone back on.

Using the watch app, pair my watch (as new watch). Wait till it completes.

Then unpair my watch (keep plan if asked) from wife’s phone.

Power off wife’s phone, replace wife’s SIM card, power back on and pair wife’s watch.

Replace my SIM card into my phone, power back on, and pair my watch.

This worked, I now have a cellular plan that works with my watch and paired to my iPhone.

This was my last ditch effort before I was going to switch to Verizon. Hope it solves your problem.

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

5 m ago

Thanks to "goletaman" for this fix! It worked for me after spending another fruitless 1.25 hours on the phone with AT&T this afternoon. My situation was a bit different so it took me a while to figure it out. The following is my best attempt to describe what I did. I have two iPhone 11 Pros and a single Series 6 watch. I am the primary account holder and my wife's phone and watch are additional. I unpaired her watch from her phone and selected the option to keep the cellular plan (but I don't think it matters if you select "remove plan" because I was never able to successfully setup cellular on her phone anyway). I had read on another thread to turn off "find my iphone" so I did that before powering down the phone. I also powered down my phone. I then put my SIM card in my wife's phone, powered it up and set up the watch as a new watch. There were no issues with connecting to the cellular plan, and I actually received a notice on the phone and a text message that said my wife's phone number had been synced with watch. I then unpaired the watch, carefully selecting the option to keep the cellular plan. Powered down the phone and put my wife's SIM card back in her phone and my card back in mine. I powered up and synced her phone with her watch with no issues. How AT&T hasn't figured this out yet, I have no idea and it makes me furious. But I am super grateful to "goletaman" for posting this fix!!! Thank you!!! Cheers!!!

• 

4 Messages

5 m ago

Thank you for this information Goletaman, and BobbyBoon for also confirming the fix - much appreciated!  Definitely going to give this a final try... btw, this is the second s6 that hasn’t worked for me, even though my s3 was fine on this iphone11 (Apple sent me a replacement s6 in the beginning when the issue 1st occurred, as they tried to troubleshoot the problem also).   Thanks!

• 

4 Messages

5 m ago

Below is the exact message I received after the cellular was established. I removed my wife’s phone number from the brackets. 

AT&T Free Msg: Welcome to NumberSync! You have successfully synced your Apple Watch with your iPhone [phone number listed here] and can now access the AT&T cellular network. Voice and data rates apply. Go to att.com/numbersync for more info.

• 

3 Messages

5 m ago

I did the same, following each step and also turned off find my iPhone and watch. And I was finally able to connect to cellular! Thank you for the insight!!

• 

12 Messages

4 m ago

This worked for me.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 m ago

Good news!   Although I'm not sure which of the 3 things I tried today, my Series #6 watch FINALLY connected to cellular after 50 hours on the phone w/AT&T since Sept 2020, 5 different assigned cellular watch #'s, and manager of Apple store on the phone w/escalated tech support @ AT&T.  But today was different. I got the watch connected!!! (1)  I called AT&T to try to get a credit on the monthly charge which added up to $20.95/mo w/ no service. Was disconnected on the call during a transfer. (2) called back and was being transferred again. (3) while waiting for an agent, I went online to my AT&T business account,  and this time got dialogue box  "You can sign in to your account with your AT&T wireless number or user ID. You'll use the same password for both. You can also use your wireless number as your ID for features like NumberSync℠.

Do you want to provide your AT&T wireless number? Yes  No Fill out all fields to continue."   I said "yes" and tried to fill in my info but the system said "The wireless phone number entered is already associated with another AT&T Access ID.(DMCTN08)" and wouldn't let me sync.  Hmmmmmm so on a hunch - I tried to activate my cellular watch via the app on my iPhone and BINGO For the first time since Sept 2020, "AT&T Free Msg: Welcome to NumberSync! You have successfully synced your Apple Watch with your iPhone 415.385.2923 and can now access the AT&T cellular network. Voice and data rates apply. Go to att.com/numbersync for more info. “  ....and now my cellular watch is working.  Magic????

Get started...

Ask a new question