Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Celebrate all that he does with a gift for every kind of dad!
A

• 

6 Messages

Sat, Sep 26, 2020 7:11 PM

Unable to connect existing wearable cellular to new Apple Watch Series 6 - Small Business account

Spent 10 hours on phone with AT&T tech support over the last 4 days, reseting, re- pairing the  new watch but no luck with syncing existing Watch cell number from series 5 watch to existing  iPhone 11Plus.  Small business account [less than 15 employees] was migrated to MyATT several months ago & I suspect that is the issue? A very brief error code flashes on the screen of phone after the "oops we're sorry message"  RESCOM0111 which is an AT&T issue. Escalated to level 2  now waiting 48 hours to see if they've discovered the issue.  My series 5 cellular watch was fine. We tried changing the watch cell number and creating a new number for the new watch but no luck.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

1 Message

7 m ago

hey hey. I had this same issue, tried a bunch of things / tech support etc. FINALLY solved it. 

- reset iwatch 

- went through set up process

- added / failed the add cellular network portion 

- finished setup

- turned iMessage off

- went into watch app, see the failed att account add, left it there then re-added plan and it WORKED

now it seems to be working, for now. hope this helps someone as this was a total (Edited per community guidelines). 

(edited)

Brand User
ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

158.5K Messages

9 m ago

Hello @Apple_Small_Business_User

Has the technical team able to resolved this as of yet?

Chris

Social Media Manager

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

6 Messages

9 m ago

Thanks for reaching out!  The issue is not resolved yet.  I spent several hours again on the phone yesterday w/an ATT Ohio tech support expert and still no connection.  This morning an ATT developer tech called & said that several hundred users had similar problems.  He asked me to try again & while he was on the phone w/me I was asked to let him know the exact moment when the error message appeared so that he could research the issue on his system and know when the error message occurred to help his team diagnose the problem.  He said ATT would contact me when the issue is resolved.  I hope soon!!!   

• 

4 Messages

9 m ago

You're not alone. I spent 1 hr. 20 mins. on phone with AT&T September 29 to no avail. They created a case and said someone would call me within 48 hours. The call came 72 hours from a blocked number. I did not answer so they left a message asking if the issue was resolved, as if it magically resolved itself. They said to call back if it was still an issue. I called back, received voicemail, and left a message. Fast forward to today, October 3, still no call back so I called AT&T again. Over another hour on the phone resetting, unpairing, pairing, restoring from backup, setting up watch with new line for first time, etc. Nothing worked. The tech told me they could open another case or I could wait 24 hours to see if the issue resolves itself!? (Edited per community guidelines)?!? I said let's open another case. They said okay, you will receive a text message within the next 48 hours. Freaking worthless!!! I have an iPhone 11Pro and Series 6 watch. 

(edited)

• 

6 Messages

9 m ago

Hi - sorry to report that still not resolved -  it's still a  deep network issue  affecting several hundred users per ATT development tech.  Today I rec'd a call from the regular tech whom I had spoken to several days ago- he wanted to try again - I unpaired/rebooted etc. and still got the "sorry unable to connect" message and that error message flashing briefly RESCOM0111.  That's an AT&T code error message, not one my regular tech was familiar with.  We googled it and that's how we confirmed it was an ATT network issue.  Then I got a new error message saying I haven't used my cellular in a long time so it's a security issue. Give me a break!!!! We're a small business w/10 lines and several mos. ago all small businesses w/less than 15 lines were migrated to the main ATT for billing service. We were told no changes were made other than a different website and login.  We also have ATT for our personal landline &  I suspect that the systems are confused by that.  I have an iPhonePro and Series 6 watch w/the most current iOS.  Previous series 5 and 4 watches were on cellular, no problem.  I'll let the forum know if/when ATT development fixes the issue.  Good luck to you!!!   

• 

4 Messages

9 m ago

Thank you. I’ll let the forum know if/when my issue is resolved as well. I also Googled the issue and apparently they have experienced it before with the Series 3, Series 4, Series 5, and now Series 6. You would think that they would have figured out and resolved the issue when a new watch is rolled out years ago and prevented it from happening to subsequent watch iterations. But it apparently continues to escape them. I’d go back to Verizon in a heartbeat if the signal was any good where I live. Sadly, it is not. I have no interest in spending any more of my life on the phone with AT&T “trying to figure it out.” They need to figure it out and fix it. I have received a few genuine apologies from the people I spoke with, which is nice, but not once has anyone offered to compensate me for my time or their incompetence. I have been with AT&T for over a decade, U-Verse, cell phones, iPad and watches. $256 a month for cellular and $130 for TV. But I guess two+ hours of my time is’t worth a cent. Thank you for having the patience I don’t to help these clowns figure out the issue. God forbid they use one of their own watches to replicate the issue, identify the problem, and resolve it. Good luck to you! 

bbcesq

• 

25 Messages

8 m ago

I have spent the past 7 days, 2 - 3 hours per day, trying to connect an Apple Watch 6 to AT&T NumberSync cellular service

Regarding compensation, the AT&T Supervisor offered to pro-rate the $10/month charge for the days of lost service = less than $10 for the more than 20 hours of wasting my time on constantly feeble AT&T sham efforts to diagnose and resolve this "known" RESCOM0111 issue.

AT&T used to be more reliable than Verizon in supporting Apple devices.

Clearly, wasting customer time and patience isn't bothering AT&T while they lock us into horrible Customer Experience with Call Center Scripted humans who have no power or expertise in dealing efficiently with recurring problems.

One further point:

For years as catalogued on this AT&T Community Forum and elsewhere, AT&T has ignored or lagged in addressing the set up issues described for Apple Watch Models 2, 3, 4, 5 & now 6. Currently, AT&T is selling the Apple Watch 6 and its NumberSync Service for the Watch 6 as "easy to set up," and yet AT&T knows that the set up is difficult and impossible. https://www.att.com/brand/apple/watch/

Since AT&T is not addressing the set up issues and is not offering adequate compensation for wasting customer time dealing with these issues, it is time for the Class Action lawsuits to draw AT&T's attention to these technical and customer service issues, and AT&T's misleading advertising of its network's incapacity to reliably connect to Apple Watches now or in the future.

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

8 m ago

Same issue here, replaced a series3 with series 6 on sept 20th.  A month later and AT&T hasn’t been able to figure out how to connect to their network.  Was on the phone with them 10 plus times since I got the watch, including again today! The tech was to get back on the fix in 30 min.. well it’s now been 4 hrs.  I have 5 phones and 3 wearables on the account - everything else works but my series 6 upgrade.  I called Verizon today and they claim no issues with their network, so got a quote for the 8 devices to transfer.  Similar price plus incentives to move the account.  The techs with AT&T are nice and have tried everything it seems, but dont get back back to you. I also called Apple and they did complete diagnostics of the watch, and found no issues - regardless, they actually offered and sent me a replacement watch just in case they missed something.  Same issues with the replacement!  If anybody has had this problem resolved please advise. Thanks!

bbcesq

• 

25 Messages

8 m ago

Gjm_6591: You bring up an excellent point...

I have had to be on hours of hold waiting to be transferred to yet another AT&T Department to try to resolve these Apple Watch connection to cellular issues.

I have had to listen to hours of AT&T pre-recorded ads for their latest upgrades, Direct TV and other services. I've had no option to "press #3 on your keypad to listen in silence." This is the digital equivalent of being forced to remain in a room at a physical store waiting for "the manager" to resolve a problem. It is the digital equivalent of involuntary detention, while being forced to listen to AT&T's advertising for hours is like being programmed by some horror film's mental reprogramming experiment.

AT&T should be held to compensate for this psychological re-programming as yet another systemic by-product of deliberately refusing to operate its company in a manner that makes good on its promises, like the basic task of connecting Apple devices: Apple Watch to iPhone.

• 

6 Messages

8 m ago

Reporting back to the group that, ALAS, no luck connecting my Apple 6 watch to my small business AT&T iPhone 11Plus -even tho my 2 previous Apple Watch cellular worked fine.  I've been assigned new watch cell #'s twice - it didn't work.  AT&T actually  sent me a new Watch 6 - it didn't work. I've spent a total of 24 hours trouble shooting w/the techs, reseting, pairing etc. The error message RESCOM011 -an AT&T network error- flashes on the screen, then a security warning message that the cellular number hasn't been used, then AT&T sales website that I can't login to. Considering the Verizon option also but would be very inconvenient to transfer all our phones & wearables so still hoping that AT&T comes thru!

• 

4 Messages

8 m ago

Apple_SBU and bbcesc - thanks for the feedback.  I connected with the AT&T tech again today 11/25.  Still no resolution.  She indicated this is a significant issue (per At&T's trend report) across their network, and now has credited my account for the wearable service fees - be sure to ask them to cover all the fees/taxes related to the wearable (not just the $10 monthly cost).  I have been asking for compensation for the hours expended on my end also, but was only able to get the credit so far..Apple_SBU - I'm getting the exact same errors and have been through the same scenarios as you with the techs (its like the Groundhog Day movie every time I call!).  I'm still holding on the move to Verizon also, but getting closer each day.  Will keep the group posted.  Best to all! 

bbcesq

• 

25 Messages

8 m ago

Apple_SBU and Gjm_6591: Clearly, AT&T has failed in all of our cases to deal with the Apple Watch connection problems we are reporting and pursuing individually.

AT&T's failures to resolve our individual problems meet the requirement of Section 2.0 of their Terms of Service https://www.att.com/legal/terms.wirelessCustomerAgreement.html#

• 

6 Messages

8 m ago

Thanks for everyone's comments and suggestions.  Indeed this is a huge issue for AT&T users that doesn't seem to have a near term solution.  Question for troubleshooting the issue:  Are u (1) Small Business subscribers [15 or less lines] *or* (2) Business [16+ lines] *or* (3) Residential subscribers.  We're in the Small Business category and others I know in the  Residential and Business don't have the issue.  Is that true for you all too??? May help to find a fix!!!

bbcesq

• 

25 Messages

8 m ago

Ours is a Small Business account (15 or less lines)...

There are so many hands involved in AT&T Tech Support depending on what type of account you have...

• 

8 Messages

7 m ago

I too have the same issue. Started Oct 16th trying to replace apple watch 3 with an apple watch 6. On the phone with ATT on the 16th, 19th, 22nd, 24th and again on Nov 4. each time 1 to 4 hours, same RESCOM0111 problem. Unpairing, pairing, cycling power on and off multiple times, same issue. Nice and polite support people. But I have no confidence in what they are telling me the problem will ever be fixed. I have been with ATT since Cingular. 3 phones, iPad and 2 watches, only issue is the watch 6. I'll give them week or so then I have no choice, after all these years to switch to Verizon. Sad.

Get started...

Ask a new question