Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Jan 8, 2020 1:39 AM

permanently disable the 5ghz network on my modem/router

I have an iphone which always connects to the 5ghz wireless network. My fitbit versa watch will only connect to a 2.4ghz network. I have tried changing the names on the two ssids but iphone still connects to the 5ghz and then I lose connection to the fitbit. can I permanently diable the 5ghz and not use it at all? renaming it doesn't do any good. Please help.

Responses

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

I forgot to say that I have the Pace 5268A modem. All other devices are connected to the wireless network except the Versa. I have tried hard reset on modem, release/renew the IP address, restarting my versa and iphone, it just doen's want to connect to the phone.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.3K Messages

2 months ago

You are posting on the wireless forum oh, you want the internet forum

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

I am talking about wireless connection. can't you read?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.5K Messages

Wireless here means cellular, not WiFi. This is the wrong forum. If you actually want an answer, try the Internet forum.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.