Announcements
Ace Back to School with AT&T's A+ deals!

john4573's profile
john4573
#1 Star!
The 5th element!
Helpful 1

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Mon, Nov 26, 2018 1:11 AM

Numbersync issues with Galaxy Watch

Every so often i will get a text message saying that i disabled Number sync. I never disable it. It is just turning itself off!!! Is anyone else having problems with this? When i try to turn it back on i says that it is unavailable and i try again and it turns back on. Please help

Responses

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

I bought watch last week and ordered esim which I received yesterday. I scanned QR code to activate and setup NumberSync. I am able to receive and place calls from watch but messaging is not working. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

Also, I was expecting to be able to use other apps like email over LTE but it seems not possible. Am I correct?

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

2 y ago

Have they ever resolved this issue for you? Just curious been having same issue and basically get same response 

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

2 y ago

Did they ever solve this issue I'm having the same issue. Switched out watch at store open ticket 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 y ago

They solved the number sync issue with my watch. Not the "ICU" special ops team, but a random tier 1 tech support person that happened to pick up the phone the day I called back. He started from square 1 and noticed that whoever inputted my credentials had misspelled my username. I don't remember what he called the credentials he fixed but it had something to do with enabling the number sync feature for my Galaxy watch when I purchased it on their website. He fixed my username and the number sync worked. 

Since then I've had a few disconnect problems where it says my number sync had been suspended (glitch). And it required me to re-sync the feature on my watch several times before it worked again. This has happened 3 or 4 times in the last month. 

Lastly, when it does work and you leave your phone behind and the number sync kicks in, you'll get dozens or possibly hundreds of texts updating to your watch since the last time it synced them. This may have happened because I wasn't using AT&T backup and sync for my texts, but I just recently turned that feature on and haven't tested it to see if this mass text message update happens again.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

22K Messages

2 y ago

@FitVet wrote:

They solved the number sync issue with my watch. Not the "ICU" special ops team, but a random tier 1 tech support person that happened to pick up the phone the day I called back. He started from square 1 and noticed that whoever inputted my credentials had misspelled my username. I don't remember what he called the credentials he fixed but it had something to do with enabling the number sync feature for my Galaxy watch when I purchased it on their website. He fixed my username and the number sync worked. 

Since then I've had a few disconnect problems where it says my number sync had been suspended (glitch). And it required me to re-sync the feature on my watch several times before it worked again. This has happened 3 or 4 times in the last month. 

Lastly, when it does work and you leave your phone behind and the number sync kicks in, you'll get dozens or possibly hundreds of texts updating to your watch since the last time it synced them. This may have happened because I wasn't using AT&T backup and sync for my texts, but I just recently turned that feature on and haven't tested it to see if this mass text message update happens again.

@FitVet 

you will still get the texts just not as many.  There should be a option to mirror the phone for text messages in app on the phone for the watch(That is how I stopped them).

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

2 y ago

So I called att and told them about the credentials and they said my user name is the same on the watch and the phone. I turned off the number sync reset the watch and now only using blue tooth it now will get text and calls when before it did not. Still not number synced and doesn't seem like I'm getting a ton of support. I've literally spent 20 hours at least on the phone in the store and it's getting ridiculous 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

When you reset it, did you use the same blue QR card that you had originally gotten?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 y ago

Yes. I never changed the QR code. They ended up having my name misspelled.
Once that was fixed the problem was solved. My watch has been consistently
synced without fail for a couple months now.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 y ago

Yes, a lot of people are having the problem with numbersync. It is not the Samsung product. It is an internal issue with AT&T numbersync. The Galaxy products work fine on T-Mobile and Verizon. I finally got ahold of the most highest tech support of AT&T who admitted that they have an issue internally.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

2 y ago

Scroll to the bottom and the watches, including the Galaxy, is listed as compatible with NumberSync.

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/features/numbersync.html

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

2 y ago

Scroll to the bottom and the Galaxy watch is listed as compatible with NumberSync.  Mine still does not work.

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/features/numbersync.html

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

I get a code but it still disconnects 

• 

5 Messages

1 y ago

9.11.20 and I seem to have found a fix, for my watch. I have a newly purchased Galaxy Watch 3 that I got from Samsung Directly. And like most of you,, it has been a nightmare to numbersync. But tried this and it worked. Turn off Bluetooth from both phone and watch. Turn on WIFI on the watch and make sure it’s connected to WiFi. Now, on your phone, go to the APP or site where you can “manage numbersync” Log in and get to the page where you have to enter the code. Now back to the watch, go to settings, connections, numbersync and start the process. This is where I would get the “numbersync not available” but this time it worked, quickly enter the code on your phone and voila, it should work. 

So now my account has my watch correctly on numbersync. What I noticed was this.  Making a call from my watch indeed showed my phone number, however for whatever reason when I send a text, it shows the number designated to the watch. For me....this is not a deal breaker. 

Guys, I hope this works for you. This has been an aggravating experience but I am glad I didn’t have to return my watch. 

• 

1 Message

7 m ago

It has worked well since I got the watch in early November, then early January 2021 it started just randoming turning off , I would get a Text saying I suspended it but I didn’t do anything, it just turned off

Get started

Ask a question
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.