The new iPhone 15
JojoBoom's profile

• 

1 Message

Thursday, March 31st, 2022 11:00 PM

NumberSync Galaxy Devices

I have a Galaxy A52 5G that I purchased unlocked from Samsung.
I was just given a Galaxy Watch 4 LTE.
I want to do NumberSync, but the option does not show up in my watch connections settings.
I spoke with AT&T and first they told me that I need an e-sim. Then I was told that the e-sim is it's own line with it's own phone number. That's not what I wanted.
I was told that in order to use NumberSync, I have to go into my phone messages and turn on AT&T Backup & Sync... however, there is no such option in my phone messages setting.
I researched AT&T Backup & Sync and my Galaxy A52 is compatible with this service. In my postpaid AT&T account, I tried going into Manage My Device - Manage NumberSync, which tells me to create or login with my AT&T Access ID when I select login with that account it simply signs me out entirely. When I select create AT&T Access ID, it gives me my spouse's phone number instead of mine.

I'm wondering if this issues has to do with the fact that my phone is "unlocked". If so, how can I lock it to AT&T?
Does anyone else have an issue with getting NumberSync to work or AT&T Backup & Sync to work, or AT&T Access ID to work... or ANY OF IT TO WORK... is there any way to get around this before I sell this watch? Please and thank you :)

ACE - Sage

• 

116.9K Messages

2 years ago

With unlocked devices, you want to use Samsung call and text on other devices, not numbersync. 

Numbersync will only work with a T and T branded devices

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.