Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Celebrate all that he does with a gift for every kind of dad!
Depp106's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Jan 30, 2019 4:45 PM

Number sync not working

I have called At&t numerous times about this issue!! I am not getting a sync code. I have gotten zero results and been promised to receive calls regarding the issue. Tickets have been made and nothing ever comes of it!! I pay too much for my service to still be dealing with this. Not to mention I'm still paying for the watch every month. 

I will be canceling my services with at&t at the end of February and going else where!! They want to charge outrageous amounts for service but can't seem fix issues. Nothing has been done to compensate me, they just want their money!! At this point I would never recommend at&t to anyone!!

Responses

• 

10 Messages

1 y ago

I've been having the same problem also. My watch will only stay connected for 10 minutes at a time and then I have to continually resync it. AT&T says they created a case and it's been over a month and they still haven't solved the problem. They told me that the troubleshooting is in progress and that's all the information they have. Based on other users complaints on this forum it appears that this problem has been going on for well over a year. You mean to tell me that one of the largest telecommunications companies in the country cannot solve a simple problem.

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

I have had the same issue with my active 2 which i purchased from AT&T. I have spend over 20 hours on the phone with tech support and have made 4 trips to the At&t store and nothing. Classaction (Edited per community guidelines) sounds about right to me. They are selling a product and charging for a data plan that does not function properly and they are aware of the problem.

(edited)

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

85K Messages

1 y ago

@monicaponce4133

You cannot cIass action - SCOUS nailed that down.

The wearable Samsung active is defective Samsung product.  Contact them. 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

1 y ago

I have been having the same problem with a Galaxy Active 2 with no solution after several hours on the phone with ATT customer support. I was told this was a well-known problem, but to wait for Samsung to update their wearable app (which does not make sense, because it worked before and the app worked too). Now, when I call ATT,  I get a message that says they are having a high volume call rate and it just takes too long to wait and listen to commercials. I need to look for a carrier that might be able to make this watch work. As we know, it was not cheap!

• 

1 Message

10 m ago

I have had this same problem for over a month. I have several tickets put in and no one is calling back. I talked to Samsung and they told me because my watch not connected to my account through AT&T.  How can that be when I have four lines with AT&T. I have spent hours on the phone with advanced pro tech and nothing. Now my sim is not provisioned. When I asked about them giving a credit or taking the device back they said we will credit for 2 months. I will be canceling my services with AT&T soon. 

• 

1 Message

10 m ago

My numbers can is also not working at all. I called many times and it hasn't been working since I got the Samsung Active Watch 2. Something needs to be done now!

• 

1 Message

10 m ago

same here,,, it is crazy that they are not willing to help... its been over a month the sync is not working and I am still paying every month.. I was told they have a ticket opened to the supervisor and I would get a call back.. never did but they are happy to charge me every month on the service I never used... I called and chatted at least over dozen times with no resolution. very Frustrating 

• 

1 Message

10 m ago

i have same issues bought watch active 2 end of may and have only really used for a month att doesnt know what they are doing, i have sent my watch twice to samsung they replaced the main part in it & sent back went to att & well not working sent back to samsung then samsung called me & told they that 99.9 % of their issues with watches are with att carrier only and until att figures out the issues&n(Edited per community guidelines)p; my watch wont work , these watches ain't cheap but samsun did their thing and called att on it (Edited per community guidelines). finally att said yes we have an issue we don't know when it will be fixed and we will let you know ..yeah right .. took watch again today to att store & they tried to fix again and nothing what bothers me more is that the employees at the store should be&n(Edited per community guidelines)p; aware of these issues in advance so we don't spend time in the store hours wasting our time..&n(Edited per community guidelines)p; very very frustrating.&n(Edited per community guidelines)p;

(edited)

• 

5 Messages

9 m ago

9.11.20 and I seem to have found a fix, for my watch. I have a newly purchased Galaxy Watch 3 that I got from Samsung Directly. And like most of you,, it has been a nightmare to numbersync. But tried this and it worked. Turn off Bluetooth from both phone and watch. Turn on WIFI on the watch and make sure it’s connected to WiFi. Now, on your phone, go to the APP or site where you can “manage numbersync” Log in and get to the page where you have to enter the code. Now back to the watch, go to settings, connections, numbersync and start the process. This is where I would get the “numbersync not available” but this time it worked, quickly enter the code on your phone and voila, it should work. 

So now my account has my watch correctly on numbersync. What I noticed was this.  Making a call from my watch indeed showed my phone number, however for whatever reason when I send a text, it shows the number designated to the watch. For me....this is not a deal breaker. 

Guys, I hope this works for you. This has been an aggravating experience but I am glad I didn’t have to return my watch. 

• 

1 Message

8 m ago

Same issue. I have created a separate ATT ID and that fixed my issue the FIRST time. Fast forward 6 months and I literally just woke up one morning and my watch would no longer sync to my phone. Its 100% on the ATT end because the error is through the ATT website and app both, oddly enough it's the exact same error I got before creating my ID. I can't link all my devices to ANOTHER ID. Its a known issue with no fix in sight and not much sense of urgency around it. I like my wearable, guess ill just have to get them through another carrier. *shrug*

• 

1 Message

6 m ago

I am having this same issue. I have always had a Fossil smart watch, but wanted the "leave your phone behind" option, so I purchased a Galaxy 3 watch in October and it has been nothing but issues ever since. It was great for the first month and now nothing. Its soo frustrating. I have contacted AT&T several times and have to got through the same troubleshooting script, which is ridiculous for numbersync. I was literally asked today if I was receiving texts and not calls or vice versa. I said numbersync won't connect. I asked her if she even knew what numbersync was. I have had higher priority tickets opened with no response. I work in technology and if I lacked this response and issue occurrence, I wouldn't have a job. AT&T needs to fix this or stop advertising it and offering it to customers.

• 

2 Messages

1 m ago

I'm having the same issue, galaxy watch 3. Was working for about a week, then it started unsyncing on its own. So I unsynced the watch from phone, then went to resync and now it won't even sync on the site. I get as far as enter the code on site and nickname but next screen is "A temporary system error keeps us from displaying your account information right now. Please try again later. (RESCOM0111)" over and over and over and over again, same message...the system is not working, stop putting this on the customer, I have been through call support x3, chat support x2, and advanced technical support x1 with a promised call back that never happened. Its now been over 24 hours of constant customer service, it's obvious that the bounce around is the scam to not actually resolve the problem, but to attempt and make customers look ignorant. Keep your phone at home my butt, you better keep your phone on you and tell everyone your watch number if you don't. Because thats the only way they will reach you while you're on that run not lugging the phone around. I'm starting my research to switch carriers. And i know how att will respond, with a post telling me to do the same thing over and over and over again......

(edited)

Explorer

• 

4 Messages

1 m ago

I received a watch firmware update yesterday morning. An hour later my numbersync disabled itself. I have not been able to get it enabled since. I keep getting the RESCOM0111 error. I have fought AT&T's numbersync service for 5 years now (this is my 3rd galaxy watch on AT&T's service in that period. The longest numbersync has ever stayed on is a month or two. It randomly turns itself off, then it's a nightmare to get it working again.

Today, I tried resetting my watch back to factory, then set it back up again. Once I try to setup numbersync again I get the same error. I enter the pin from my watch I get error "A temporary system error keeps us from displaying your account information right now. Please try again later. (RESCOM0111)".

• 

2 Messages

1 m ago

https://www.pcmag.com/news/att-accused-of-stealing-numbersync-technology-in-135b-(Edited per community guidelines)?amp=true Anyone aware of this (Edited per community guidelines) with AT&T? Maybe this is why its not working... hmmm. I have filed a complaint with BBB today regarding fraudulent advertising of the number sync function 

(edited)

Get started...

Ask a new question