The new iPhone 15
Bchbll's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, March 31st, 2018 1:35 AM

Number sync not working

S8 Plus and Gear S3 Frontier. I had to replace my phone, and ever since number sync won't work away from the phone. According to my account number sync is turned on. I've been to an AT&T store and talked to support, and it still doesn't work. This is very frustrating since I am paying for a service that doesn't work. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

Have you tried changing the password associated with your user ID?

a hack in Early 2018  caused ATT to set up new security.   Kicked everyone off number sync and required sign in again.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, login changed, even number of watch, synced it daughter's phone and same thing happened.  Did a dump of watch logs and sent it in too.   

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

Additional info no one can explain, when Numbers Sync is on, in Galaxy Wearble App in Manage Notifications,the parts for messages, incoming calls are grayed out.   All others are colorful & can be turned off and on. The main ones needed can't be turned off or on.  With only bluetooth it connects and numbers sync turned off and they are on, but standalone attached, NOTHING, turn numbers sync on, less than two minutes it disconnects.  Numbers sync will be disabled, the service is currently unavailable.   The phone says you have turned numbers sync off.  I didn't turn it off.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

Sorry if this is redundant,    https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/features/numbersync.html

please review and see if anything jumps out...

My first questions are ‘is your phone an ATT branded, with Advanced calling enabled?’.  If the phone is not HD voice enabled, or you are in a fringe area without HD voice, number sync cannot function.  (This may be the problem)

Next is about the user ID and password.  Each line must create an access ID.  @hovland.t You mentioned trying to sync with your daughters phone, did you create an access ID for her line first?   If this seems like a weird question, you probably did not.  If easily dismissed with a ‘yes’, then it’s not an access ID issue.  

Have you talked with Tech support.  Not a regular CSR, but tech support.  I’ve all good things to say about them, they haven’t failed me yet.  (Expletives withheld on call centers 🤬)

Lastly.  Each time I got a software update, I had to sign in to number sync again.  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

For my part, yes I tried all of the options mentioned.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

I have a Samsung Note 8 and a frontier gear S3 watch. I have been working with tech support since February with AT & T in trying to resolve this issue. Today Tech Support called me created a new ID and refreshed the AT & T numbersync and the same thing happened again. Numbersync will be disabled the service is currently unavailable again and again. As far as the advance call that you mentioned I checked on my settings and there is nothing to be found in for either that advanced call enabling or HD voice.the young man from tech support that help me out during March and June is the same one that is trying to help me out again to trying to resolve this issue.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@hovland.t

This is why the annoying review.

You repeated you have a Samsung Note 8.  But is it an AT&T Samsung Note 8?  

Your phone MUST be an ATT branded device to get HD voice.  

You must enable advanced calling features in settings To use HD voice.  If you cannot enable advanced calling, you don’t have HD voice and cannot use number sync it Wifi calling.  

In settings, connections,  advanced calling,  turn on advanced calling.   Is it on?

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

Sorry, yes it's all ATT equipment, I changed from 14 years with T mobile about 2 years ago.  Love the excellent service on my phones/tablets, just this issue is just so aggravating going over 6months.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@hovland.t

And you are able to use HD voice and enable advanced calling?   

Barring a faulty device, if you arent in an HD voice location, or on a fringe, anything dependent on HD voice will fail.  Can’t really rule out either.  😕

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have the EXACT same problem and have been through the same mill as others here. I've had numerous calls to AT&T support. It works briefly, then stops. Resetting the watch sometimes resolves, sometimes need to reset multiple times. I sent it to Samsung for repair per AT&T, who then returned it with a replaced battery for some reason, but otherwise no different. I reset it again, it worked for a week, but then NumberSync randomly turned off again and now refuses to re-enable. 

Samsung support hasn't a clue what this feature is and AT&T tells me to call Samsung. This clearly looks like a half-baked (or quarter-baked) feature that no one understands or can support. It simply doesn't work. Without NumberSync, there's not much need for the LTE version that I paid extra for along with the monthly service.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.