Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tue, May 28, 2019 2:17 PM

Kids smart watch

I was wondering I have an eight-year-old who loves to play in the neighborhood but I would like her to have a smart watch with GPS that is kid friendly I see other phone companies that do it like Verizon and T-Mobile but AT&T from what I hear does not offer one and I was wondering if there would be something offered for a kids smart watch or if there something on the market that I could purchase and put a Sim card in

Responses

Accepted Solution

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.1K Messages

1 week ago

AT&T does not sell a kids watch, or anything that is a suitable standalone wearable.

Verizon's kids watch 'Gizmo Pal' is available on their website and is only $10 a month single device plan. The companion app for the parent will run on another carrier.
So as long as Verizon works well enough in your area for connection you can still stay with AT&T and run the watch on Verizon

(edited)

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.1K Messages

9 months ago

Sorry.  Nothing that will work with At&t.  At&t had a watch that didn’t sell well. 

At&t is less than a year away from not allowing 3g only Devices due to pending 3g shut down.  So any device has to be LTE compatible with At&t.  

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.1K Messages

9 months ago

Verizon still has the Gizmo, which is LTE compatible with their network. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 months ago

Is there a Watch that you know of that will work on the LTE network

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 months ago

Do you know if they sell an unlocked version to use on any network
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.1K Messages

9 months ago

The Gizmo by LG is the only one on the US market, only sold for Verizon.   There are plenty sold that will not work on US cell carriers, they will tell you otherwise of course.  

I have no idea if it’s unlockable as it’s sold under contract only. Even unlocked, it may not work with another carrier.  

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

18.9K Messages

9 months ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

The Gizmo by LG is the only one on the US market, only sold for Verizon.   There are plenty sold that will not work on US cell carriers, they will tell you otherwise of course.  

I have no idea if it’s unlockable as it’s sold under contract only. Even unlocked, it may not work with another carrier.  

The Gizmo is a Verizon only device..  They paid LG to only sell to them...

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 months ago

Well I don’t except that for us parents out here a smart phone for an eight-year-old is not acceptable a wearable device is except a bowl because not only will it not fall out of her pocket or break it is something that she knows and has with her at all times

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.1K Messages

9 months ago

@Landry86 wrote:

Well I don’t except that for us parents out here a smart phone for an eight-year-old is not acceptable a wearable device is except a bowl because not only will it not fall out of her pocket or break it is something that she knows and has with her at all times

Oy.  If using speech to text, at least get punctuation and proof before you post. It’s very hard to read this post.  

If you’re saying At&t should sell something, they did, it didn’t sell, so they stopped.   If this is a ‘must’ for your child, switch to Verizon. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 months ago

Sorry I was driving speech doesn’t always work but thank you

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.1K Messages

9 months ago

Lol.  True. Which is why I knew what it was. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

Hi, 

I was actually searching for the same thing and came across a watch called TickTalk. You can link it to your AT&T Account. Monthly plans range from $10 - $40. But the watch is a little pricey $170. Goodluck to you!

{commercial link removed}

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

18.9K Messages

3 months ago

@MrsMoore wrote:

Hi, 

I was actually searching for the same thing and came across a watch called TickTalk. You can link it to your AT&T Account. Monthly plans range from $10 - $40. But the watch is a little pricey $170. Goodluck to you!

{commercial link removed}

But it wont be able to be activated at the end of the year as it does not have VoLTE.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.1K Messages

3 months ago

Just an FYI. There is currently no LTE replacements for the gizmo watch which Verizon sells, or used to sell.  Verizon‘s gizmo watch will no longer work once their CDMA service is shut down. AT&T also does not have a device.

there is really no suitable replacement for adult supervision.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

From the Verizon site:  "The GizmoWatch comes with the speed and reliability of the nation’s largest 4G LTE network."  Verizon still sells them and, in fact, they are currently on sale with a two year contract.