Gift your grad endless possibilities. Celebrate right now and connect them to their brightest future.
The new iPhone 14
mholzer54's profile

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, January 8th, 2023 7:01 PM

I read that I can use Number Sync with Samsung Classic 4 watch and a Surface DUO - ATT Support says NO!

I spent countless hours with ATT Support only to tell me that I would not be able to connect my new watch using my DUO.  Now I am reading in ATT's forum that you can.

Is anyone out there who can:

1. Confirm that this works.

2. How do I get the people at ATT support to help me?  Is there a special line?

They kept trying to hang up on me. 

If they cannot, maybe another carrier can.  I have been a loyal ATT customer but they just don't care so I will change if I have to.  (not a threat, but an assertion.)

Thanks all,

Marc

ACE - Sage

• 

107.4K Messages

5 months ago

Reddit on the topic

https://www.reddit.com/r/surfaceduo/comments/r56qdg/duo2_any_success_with_att_numbersync_galaxy_watch4/

However the Reddit contributors don't go into how, other than one user that claims he used a Samsung phone as a temporary dummy in order to set up the watch and then it worked fine with his Duo. 

Have you created a access ID for the phone line? And is the watch LTE?

Number sync added to your phone line? Was the watch factory reset before you added cellular service and attempted number sync?

Are you using the galaxy Wear app?  If you are using the Google Wear app, that is not going to work on the watch 4 or 5

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

Thanks for the input.  Yes, it is an LTE watch, and in fact the Number Sync dialogue begins from the watch.  After the insanity with the ATT reps, I tried (of course no account waiting to connect...)  Galaxy Wear App runs fine with the watch from the DUO.

I reset it since the prior owner had it on T-Mobile.

The ATT people never said one way or the other as far as having number sync set up on my account.

Thanks again,

Marc

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.