Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.
thebrenda

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

Sat, Dec 28, 2019 4:37 PM

Battery life of Samsung Active2 with LTE (esimm) only getting 10 hours - how to extend?

What can i do to extend the battery life of my brand new Active2 with LTE? Getting about 10 hours only. Not even making through the day. i have googled the (Edited per community guidelines) out of it but all the suggestions are taking about the non-LTE models.

I have already dimmed my display, watch face not always on, turned off wifi, turned off nfc, etc.

obviously i want to use my watch as a stand alone device or i would not have spent the extra money on the LTE model. currently i am using bluetooth to connect with my phone and mobile networks auto on/off. tried turning blue tooth off and mobile networks always on but that really seemed to eat up the battery.

also have mobile data set to on. what exactly does mobile data do? is it for email? i do have email set up on my watch. and currently have mobile data set to on.

so what are your experiences with battery life on the Active2 LTE? Do you have any tips to prolong the battery life? is my watch battery maybe just a dud?

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.3K Messages

2 months ago

That is normal run time. Keep in mind the first smart watches ran 4 hours

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

18.9K Messages

keep in mind samsung stinks at power managment. A lte apple watch will get 48 hours max less with more stand alone use.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
thebrenda

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

2 months ago

Hoping to find who has an Active2 LTE so that I can get their battery performance. Does anyone out there have one?