Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Celebrate all that he does with a gift for every kind of dad!
R

• 

1 Message

Sun, Mar 28, 2021 11:09 PM

Apple watch

Can’t get Apple Watch to accept upgraded phone.

Responses

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

14.7K Messages

3 m ago

Which phone? Which Apple Watch?

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

85K Messages

3 m ago

Apple has that info.  Must be an iphone

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205189

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Fl_retire

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

2 m ago

When I upgraded my iPhone 6 to Xs to my Apple Watch followed the instructions that @lizdance40 linked above without any problems. 

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

14.7K Messages

2 m ago

Same here with my AppleWatch 3 when I upgraded to an iPhone 12. No issues even when I upgrade the AppleWatch 3 to a 6.

Fl_retire

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

2 m ago

I am on the fence about purchasing the Apple Watch 7 this year or waiting until next year to replace my Apple Watch 3. 

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

14.7K Messages

2 m ago

@Fl_retire There's an AppleWatch 7 coming? I really like my 6. It's the tethered one, not the freebird. I usually have my phone with me 98% of the time that I'm out and about so tethering works just fine for me, and I didn't want to incur the extra $10 per month for the privilege of talking to my wrist (which I can do while tethered). Apple gave me a $90 credit for my Watch 3 (which was in perfect condition).

Fl_retire

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

2 m ago

@OttoPylot Should be out this September. Have the cellular one, but have not activated a plan. Like using Apple Pay with it.  Been reading rumors on new features and like the embedded battery for multiple day usage.

(edited)

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

14.7K Messages

2 m ago

I can use my 6 for about 2 days on wrist until I put it to bed at night on its charger. I'm sure not being cellular helps extend the battery life. Works for me. Being as I just got my 6 in November it's a bit early to be upgrading so I'll be passing on the 7. Yeah, the Apple Pay is a nice feature. Beats digging into my pocket for my phone.

Get started...

Ask a new question