Troubleshoot your device issues
beachsideca's profile

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

Fri, Sep 18, 2020 4:05 PM

Apple Watch Series 6 Options Limited????

I am looking to upgrade my very old Apple Watch, but I only see an extremely limited selection of options through AT&T.  Am I missing something?  

i.e., they have no Titanium models ... which I need due to my rough line of work

They also have no options on bands anymore.   

In total, I see about 4% of all devices offered by Apple, available through AT&T due to the lack of variations.  That can't be true.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

2 y ago

Thats because the model you want is in short supply APPLE is listing ship dates at Nov or later and have been since preorders started.  Best Buy did not have Titanium models to buy either.  Apple only has them for shipping right now.  The ceramic versions were the same at last years launch.

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

2 y ago

I'm not sure that is the correct answer.  I literally just finished my order and I'm getting it in about 10 days.   I appreciate you take the time to answer these, but I don't think your info is accurate.  You can't even select various watch bands on the AT&T site.  

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

2 y ago

Ironically ... I'm now going to activate this on my Verizon account, which eventually I'll move everything over to.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

2 y ago

I looked on apples website at 3 different watches they all said Nov.

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

2 y ago

Odd ... I've got my confirmation.  Regardless, I found out the real answer is that AT&T wanted to simplify their offerings on this and chose not to offer variations.   That's the real answer it seems.   

It's a shame!   According to someone else I talked to at Apple, they were given the ability to do this but didn't take it.

Bottom line, it wasn't due to inventory.  They could have just left it on backorder like they had in previous years. 

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

2 y ago

I got mine today but I pre-ordered.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

2 y ago

Apple has almost 40 different configs for a titanium watch a carrier can't do that.

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

2 y ago

They have always offered these, using an interface provided by Apple.  The variations have been there for previous watches.  I know, I've bought 4 of them, all unique variations.  One of them was also shipped wrong and I had to scream to the top of the VP hill to get it resolved.   

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.