P

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Feb 18, 2020 9:15 PM

Watch ATT & Free HBO

I have had unlimited wireless with ATT for 3 years with Free HBO. Our HBO worked great with the ATT TV app until recently I updated the app and it stopped working. ATT told me it was because I could no longer use ATT TV app and could only access the free HBO using the ATT Watch TV app. I have been trying for 3 weeks and have had no luck. I have attempted to call ATT and have changed my password several times with a tech on the phone. Each time, I have been told I need to talk to someone else but that everything on ATT ends is working. Clearly it is not. I have even attempted to use HBO Go's app where you can choose to login using your account with your wireless provider (ATT Wireless is an option) and I get the service code H-87c6c7cc-cef7-4cff-ffbd-bac2579a0eb7 and it states, "We're having trouble verifying your access to HBO Go with your TV provider. Sorry, we can't sign you in right now. Please try again later or contact your subscription provider for help." I have also been getting this response for 2 weeks.

I specifically signed up with ATT for this perk and I am getting frustrated. I am a long time customer with having service with ATT for over 15 years. And switched to unlimited 3 years ago as mentioned earlier. I am to the point I am about to request $15 a month off of my service so I can pay HBO directly for service. This is getting ridiculous! HELP!

I can't get anyone to help me on the phone! Help would be appreciated!

mobilemax

Employee

• 

797 Messages

2 y ago

Hello,

To see how to select your premium option (HBO in his case), visit here: https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1261919/

That’s the best bet to navigate your current plan since it’s retired and no longer offered. You might check out new plans, specifically the Unlimited Elite (which also includes free HBO, 30gb hotspot and 5G access, which isn’t in older plans).

• 

2 Messages

I appreciate the link but unfortunately, it isn't helpful. When I try, HBO Go and click on ATT Wireless to login, it doesn't allow me to enter my username and password. It automatically gives me this service code:

Service Code: H-8ccd0120-a8f4-4e15-ccee-8f57d2868ec8

• 

12 Messages

2 y ago

I have the Elite plan, but was having basically the same issue, so my fix might work for you. It was a giant pain, but here's how I did it:

1. I noticed that although I had multiple services (cell, internet, and now the free TV), they didn't all show in the drop-down on the "Account Overview" page. I thought that was odd, so I used the "link all accounts to one ID" function to find all my login IDs. There's a "Start Here" link that will help you find them all. DO THAT FIRST. I apparently had five IDs, two of which were associated with my wireless ((Edited per community guidelines)???), another with internet, yet another for TV.

2. Once I combined them, I gave it a few days (~5) for the system to get its head out of its butt since I don't know how often the systems synchronize their info.

3. After the head-out-of-butt period, I was able to log into the HBOGO website with my new combined login ID and was able to stream video.

It appears that I created an HBO profile at some point (no idea when). If you get prompted to create one, do it, but you'll use your AT&T credentials to log in.

4. When I tried to sign into the HBOGO app, I used "AT&T TV" as the provider. The first time it failed with a "bad request received" error. I tried it again, and it worked. If it still doesn't work for you, maybe try clearing cookies or try logging into HBOGO from another browser.

That worked for me, but YMMV. I'm just a customer so I can't help beyond what I found through stubborn trial-and-error.

Good luck, friend!

(edited)

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.