Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
Rokbarry's profile
Employee

Employee

• 

9 Messages

Wed, Aug 15, 2018 8:41 PM

WatchTV app registration not recognizing my unlimited plan

When I try to register for the WatchTV app, it says “uh oh, looks like you don’t have an unlimited and more plan” which I do. I see other posters have this same issue. Any resolution yet??

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

3 y ago

Nope. In fact, they are banning people who complain too much about this issue.

I've contacted the FCC, BBB and a friend at the NY Times who is looking into the issue.

Employee

• 

9 Messages

3 y ago

Do you work for AT&T? If so, see if you can escalate it in your department. I do and I’m going to see if I can have my manager escalate it to my area supervisor to see if he can get ahold of a manager or something to see what’s going on. They can escalate the issue no matter what department the issue is in. 

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

3 y ago

No resolution. I've been dealing with this issue for a month now and no one at AT&T can seem to resolve it. Currently looking at going to Verizon because I don't understand why I'm paying for a service that doesn't work!

Employee

• 

9 Messages

3 y ago

Lexy047 are you an Att employee?

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

22.5K Messages

3 y ago

Employees are marked

Employee

• 

9 Messages

3 y ago

Ok. Well I believe my registration for the WatchTV app isn’t working because employees aren’t eligible to use it. I went to an ATT store today to by a Bluetooth and the rep showed me in the faq that I didn’t see and the chat support for the app didn’t tell me about. 

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

3 y ago

Doesn't work even for non-employees. Just FYI.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

Would you please let me know where the frequently asked questions are where it says at&t employees aren't eligible for WatchTV on Unlimited accts?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

Not working for either. I’ve contacted several ATT associates with no positive resolution.

Employee

• 

9 Messages

3 y ago

The rep in the wireless store pulled up a different page than I found, but I went to HR Onestop and typed WatchTV in the search bar and the first link it pulls up takes you to a page that says there is no discount for it. What the rep at the store pulled up for me read something like “emo, erc “ etc etc “are ineligible to get WatchTV app”. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

Kudos Roxbarry....here it is:

Employees are eligible to sign up for either of the new unlimited wireless plans with the employee discount. However, the WatchTV video product and premium will not be available as part of those plans.

Now if we could just help customers...

Employee

• 

9 Messages

3 y ago

Yes, I’m still waiting on the escalation my 2nd level made. He comes back next Monday, so I should know something by then about non employees having the issue. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I've had this issue for a few weeks now. I spoke to watchtv reps and they have no idea what i'm talking about and refer me to the att side, att refers me back to the watchtv people. So in reality, nobody knows whats going on or cares, It's mostly a bait and switch tactic used to get me to go a higher plan and then have the "perks" not available. I'm come to the conclusion it's a garbage feature making my plan price go up. I don't want this "feature" tied to my account in any way since I'm basically paying for others  to enjoy the free perks I'm paying for and am supposed to have. I really wish they would close my attwatchtv account. I want nothing to do with it and I tell others I know that have At&t to stay away from it at all costs. 

Employee

• 

9 Messages

3 y ago

So any non-employee that wants to send me either the account holder name, account number and wireless number having the setup issue or at least name and wireless number by sending a direct message to me by clicking on my name (rokbarry), I can forward that to my manager that will give it to a director looking into the issue. I’ve already verified I can’t get it because I’m an employee. 

Employee

• 

9 Messages

3 y ago

I also found these posts from Facebook. Maybe they might help somebody. 

DC

“I was having trouble for awhile too but i figured out just go through your browser on your phone. I use an iPhone so was able to finally put it on the Apple TV as well. But yeah I had trouble over a week even after talking on the phone with AT&T customer service.......I keep going the text thing and out of the blue it just worked........”

KG

“Customer Service had to reset my password. Once she did that, everything worked. She also went with my att email. I spent 3-4 days working with chat people since they're supposedly the only ones to work on it, but it was a customer service rep on the phone who got it to work.”

MT

”Me too. After a couple of days I finally found a representative who apparently knew what he was actually doing. Open up your ATT account to the screen that shows you have unlimited plan and chat from within the screen where they can see you have it and hopefully they will be able to do it. Good Luck.”

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.