The phone that makes your everyday epic. Buy the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G now!
A

• 

4 Messages

Sat, Oct 30, 2021 1:54 PM

Watch Tv

I hope my wireless plan is going down since this is going to be taken away. I signed up for this deal on my phone because the tv was included. We don’t do cable cause it’s wicked expensive and watch tv has the channels we like to watch, AMC,mtv, and tnt.

ACE - Expert

• 

21.4K Messages

3 m ago

From the WatchTV FAQ:

We sent you a link in your October wireless bill (found in the News You Can Use section) to an eSupport article with more details, including the options you have regarding your account. You will also receive this same link in a text message from AT&T as well as additional information regarding any premium subscription you have in association with your WatchTV account.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

55.3K Messages

3 m ago

Nope, your wireless bill won’t go down. You are just losing a perk.

• 

4 Messages

3 m ago

I’ll be happy to go back to my previous wireless provider then! 

• 

5 Messages

3 m ago

Same here! And I am JUST NOW finding this out! And it says that they sent a notice in my October bill.. I have paperless billing (no notice there) and autopay. So how did I find out? Well, I opened the app on the Amazon Firestick and UPDATED THE APP! And there it was.. 

This is (Edited per community guidelines)TY of them. Very (Edited per community guidelines)TY. 

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

3 m ago

Yea I haven’t seen anything either yet. I don’t get a bill either. I just use the watch tv site on my computer. 

KACnTX

• 

11 Messages

3 m ago

I'm currently looking at possibly switching to mintMobile for my phone service and using Philo for my TV streaming. There are a few channels that would be lost in the switch, but also a number of channels gained. The price would also be lower than I'm paying now.

Sharing this because I'm frustrated like the others. Only notification I've received is the message in the app that directed me to www.attwatchtv.com/faqs to learn more. That notification has only showed once, so it's fortunate I payed attention and didn't just click through or I'd still be in the dark.

The message there is "We sent you a link in your October wireless bill (found in the News You Can Use section) to an eSupport article with more details, including the options you have regarding your account. You will also receive this same link in a text message from AT&T as well as additional information regarding any premium subscription you have in association with your WatchTV account."

Go pull up the pdf version of my bill on AT&T website and look at the News You Can Use section.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see anything that tells me the options regarding my account or any link to find the eSupport article. So, I phone AT&T customer support. Spent just over 1/2 an hour on the phone with a very helpful representative. Unfortunately, he could not direct me to said link and wasn't sure about what happens with my plan when the service cuts off.

A few things. I understand all good things come to an end. But, the lack of information on AT&T's part is very poor customer service. The response by sandblaster in the comments and the customer service rep called WatchTV a perk. That is wrong. It was a feature of the plan, a perk would imply it was something over and above what the plan included. I'm paying extra money for WatchTV, therefore it's a feature.

Hopefully someone finds out better information. Wanted to share what I have and share my frustration as well. Thank you.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

21.4K Messages

3 m ago

If you paid for it, it was part of the plan.

If it was free, it was a perk,

KACnTX

• 

11 Messages

3 m ago

skeeterintexas, that is exactly my point. This is what I see when I look at my plan features.

ACE - Expert

• 

21.4K Messages

3 m ago

Is there a dollar amount listed along side the WatchTV item?

If you are getting charged for a feature then you should certainly get monetary credit when you lose that feature.

(edited)

KACnTX

• 

11 Messages

3 m ago

I agree. Sadly, AT&T doesn't seem to have any information anywhere on what happens when the service ends. If I remember correctly, the primary difference between the Premium plan at the time and the Premium & More was the addition of WatchTV. Considering that Premium & More cost more than the Premium plan there was a charge for it. To suggest anything different is just idiotic.

There is no dollar amount listed for any of the individual features of the plan. By your argument, that means that they're all perks. I suppose in your mind, that means they could completely do away with all of them and still charge me the same amount. 

[EDITED per Community Guidelines - Keep it courteous]

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

21.4K Messages

3 m ago

Bitter much?

KACnTX

• 

11 Messages

3 m ago

Having my service changed with no information and the only notification being a screen that I could have easily clicked through without knowing. Yeah! Add to that, someone wanting to argue in favor of a huge failure on the part of AT&T customer support. Once again, Yes!

If you want to add to the conversation, find out what happens to customers plans that are currently enrolled in the Unlimited & More plans. The problem is that there is no information anywhere that I've been able to find on AT&T's website. Talking with customer service was no better. As a customer, do I not have the right to know what happens with my bill when my service is being changed?

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

3 m ago

WatchTV was part of the deal that I was sold to switch over to AT&T. I was I in the beginning stage of cutting the cord so the deal for my two new phones along with the tv service was worth the switch. I’m just saying that now that the service is getting taken away, I would hope for some credit. If nothing changes, I was happy with my service elsewhere and it would be way cheaper to go there then along with many other services, in my area, that are much cheaper. 

Not saying anything bad about at&t phone service, it worked good for my family. We got service everywhere we went, but the same can be said about cheaper services. With the tv perk, it just made it that much sweeter than all the others. Now it seems pointless if we lose that perk and don’t get any credit for no longer having it. Trying not to be bitter, but it (Edited per community guidelines) that these companies can just take stuff away and do nothing for the customer. 

I also still have yet to receive any notification about any other options. If these options involve paying more for them, I don’t care to get them anyways. I’m cheap!😂

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 m ago

Bitter much?

Weak come back Boomer after your "logic" was piereced and left bleeding on the floor to die.
What is it with Texans?

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

21.4K Messages

3 m ago

What is it with picking on the old lady?

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.