Cyber Monday Deals: Get the Samsung Galaxy S21 FREE with no trade-in required!
dwight.ramos's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Jul 12, 2018 5:03 PM

Watch TV setup with Unlimited Premium &More

Was reading about how watch tv is free with the new Unlimited plans. I went ahead and switched from the old Unlimited Plan Plus to the new Unlimited Premium &More and received a link to attwatchtv.com/verify so that my number could be verified for the free unlimited but now Im running into an issue because its trying to have me enter my credit card or PayPal info so that it can charge me $15/month. For some reason my number isn't being verified for the free service. Would like to set it up so I can get my free 30 channels and select my free service but can't.

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

3 y ago

@dwight.ramos Are you using the number from the primary line on your account (first one listed on the bill)?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

Its only just me on the line. So yes I am. When I called ATT customer service to explain to them they didn't even seem to know watch tv was free or about the new plans which includes it.

nipulc

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

3 y ago

I've had similar issues since I switched my plan to the Unlimited & More Premium Plan. 

WatchTV support think I don't have the Unlimited & More Premium Plan service - and send me to the Mobility Support who says I need to talk to the WatchTV support folks.

Its maddening.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

Was this issue ever resolved? I'm experiencing the exact same problem tonight.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 y ago

Edited: I see that the original post here and others are from last year.  And AT&T hasn't weighed in with a solution.  That is pathetic.  I was told I could keep my free HBO if I switched to this new wireless plan.  The salesperson didn't bother to tell me that I had to sign up by a different app to get that premium.  Had I known the aggravation and lack of answers on getting it fixed, I never would have switched plans. The chat person I was holding for in the message below escalated my problem and says it will definitelty be fixed within 5-7 days.  His supervisor called me to express the same thing.  I hope they are right,  This is the second time this same problem has been escalated with no reply or solution forthcoming over  a month ago.  I also was promised a solution and call back from AT&T last week and was given a case number with no one today knowing what it was for.  I never heard back on that either. Needless to say I am not holding my breath this time.  I may just be biding my time until I can leave AT&T and DirecTv.  For the hundreds of dollars I spend with them each month for years, I get no decent customer service. And I am far from the only one.

So far, I have spoken on the phone and chatted with 19 people regarding setting up the free premium service. Every single one was going to solve my problem and each time I got batted to someone else. 

I have spent way too much time on this and neither AT&T, WAtchTV, nor DirecTv reps know what to do. 

I am on "hold" on chat right now waiting for the next one.

So good luck to you all who are having the same issue.

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

3 y ago

Kind of the same issue here. I switched to the Unlimited Premium & More a couple of days ago and now I can't select my premium, I was shooting for Starz. I think the problem is coming from my account and Directv Now....which I only kept because the say I can keep the free HBO. I asked them if the problem could be related to that and they said no. While I appreciate having HBO I have to say that I don't care much for it, I wish I could pick Starz as my premium. So 48 hrs ago they said that their computers needed to be updated, today they  said they were going to hard delete my account and that this issue could be resolved after doing so, but it will take 5-7 days.

They keep saying that the Directv Now account with the free HBO has nothing to do with this, I am sure that is where the problem lies. 

I am also getting a weird prompt every time I go to WatchTV website. See below.

This is where you’d normally manage your premiums, but there’s a little issue.
Without an Unlimited &More SM plan, you won’t be able to add any additional services to your WatchTV account (but you can cancel your extra premiums at any time). To keep streaming without an Unlimited &More SM plan, you can order WatchTV as a separate service.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.