Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
jttdinh's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Jul 31, 2018 2:52 PM

Unlimited Plus Plan with AT&T but unable to access free HBO

Hi,

I have had AT&T for 10 years now and I was upgraded to the unlimited plus plan for all 10 of my lines. I have gone to the store, contacted representatives via chat, and via phone in regards to why I do not get access to the free HBO that comes with my unlimited plus plan. AT&T is has become the worst costumer service in this situation. I have tried in the last 6 months to speak to some one about the situation and repeated was escalated to a claim with a reference number . After my 5th attempt, I still have not heard from them. I just wanted to know if any other customers out there is having the same problem. Why is it that I have the unlimited plus plan but have no access to HBO  and when I do that phone number link they tell me my plan is not eligible. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].Please let me know if you are denied access to HBO when you have the unlimited plus plan too!

ACE - Sage

• 

90.6K Messages

3 y ago

Not false advertising.  I believe they gave you info on how to redeem.  Here it is again.

https://forums.att.com/t5/Account-Features/HBO-For-Life-amp-AT-amp-T-Unlimited-Plus-How-To-Redeem-The-Offer/m-p/5247767#M30432

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 y ago

I have seen that and I have gone through the verification process 80 times with and without ATT representative. Please dont give generic solution and not read everything I wrote. The site would not verify my account as a unlimited plus when I have repeatedly been confirmed with ATT reps that my account is in fact a unlimited plus account. The verification process end with a pop-up saying :

Oh no!
It's not too late! Upgrade to a qualifying AT&T unlimited plan and grab your savings.

I have a qualifying plan and it still refuses to verify my account.

nipulc

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

3 y ago

I've had the same issue since I signed up on 6/30.

They've acknowledged its a big problem - no fix in sight though.

I do know a product manager for WatchTV who said internally, their Senior Managers are really freaked out about how poorly the service was rolled out.

In fact, they've been instructing their support folks and community managers to try and either ignore or minimize the scale of the problem. I've also let a friend of mine who works for the NY Times Business desk know about this issue.

I'd recommend contacting the BBB. I did that and someone claiming to be from the Office of the President at AT&T called me. We've exchanged voicemails so haven't connected live yet.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.