Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Get to the head of the class with our Back to School deals!
S

• 

5 Messages

Wed, May 6, 2020 12:36 AM

HBO GO with unlimited plan - error logging in

Upgraded to AT&T Unlimited Elite(SM) which contains HBO

Have tried logging into HBO GO on multiple devices, choosing "AT&T Wireless / Watch TV" option, getting this error:

We’re having trouble verifying your access to HBO GO with your TV provider.

Sorry, we can't sign you in right now. Please try again later or contact your subscription provider for help.

Responses

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

Same here

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

same here. Att you listening????

• 

5 Messages

2 months ago

3 hours on the phone with customer service people and no solution. I think it might be because I have an old AT&T account and it needs to be linked to my current one. All attempts to combine my accounts have failed so I can't confirm if that fixes the problem.

• 

5 Messages

Update: linked my accounts and got a single (new) user ID, logged out of WatchTV (old account), logged back in with new User ID, went to attwatchtv.com/verify and logged in again. Saw a "Manage my premiums" option where it allowed me to select HBO for "$0/mo - No Extra Charge with your plan." Once selected it says "Included with your Unlimited &More Premium plan!" Click "Confirm choice and got a new error: "Looks like something went wrong on our end. Please try again later or visit our Help Center." Now when I try logging into HBO with my new user ID, I get this "bad request" error:

Request Error (invalid_request)

Your request could not be processed. Either 'force_deny' or 'force_exception' was matched in policy

This could be caused by a misconfiguration, or possibly a malformed request.

• 

5 Messages

Update: Customer service at attwatchtv.com says because my WatchTV was set up while I was on a different plan, it can't detect that I'm on the new plan. They are going to reset my WatchTV account and email me when it's done. That was 2 hours ago.

• 

5 Messages

Update: I never got an email back about the account reset, and continued getting the same error for about a week before I had the idea to log into WatchTV again. Now I couldn't log in at all and got some different error. Tried logging in directly to att.com and had go through some two-factor authentication process before I could log in. After that I could log into WatchTV and confirm I had the right HBO subscription set up. Tried connecting through HBO GO again and it finally worked. Exhausting to say the least.

Get started...

Ask a new question