Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
bard_9's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Sep 24, 2021 12:48 AM

Closed

Fraud call about signal upgrade and need to upgrade my receiver

I received a phone call from someone claiming to be from Directv.  He stated that there would be an interruption to my service while they test the signal.  He stated that they were upgrading the signal technology and my receiver needed to be upgraded and they would be sending me a newer model receiver.  He said I would pay up front for the receiver but would be credited over the next year to offset the purchase price and he would also credit me $55 per month for the next two years.

I informed him I would not pay for anything up front.  The scary thing was he had access to all of my account details and even knew which receivers I currently had on and which ones I did not.  He definitely had access to the Directv system.  Because of this detail, it was a very convincing scam.

When I balked at paying for the upgrade he finally got frustrated with me and told me to call DISH...thus exposing the elaborate scam.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

29.3K Messages

2 m ago

Try the DirecTV forum as it was separated from the AT&T forum. The "Watch TV" is another service sold by AT&T.

DIRECTV | DIRECTV Community Forums

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.