Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
papajake's profile

Voyager

• 

1 Message

Mon, Mar 16, 2015 3:53 PM

Wireless TV STB hardwired behind router

I've had a wireless STB in a bonus room upstairs that I recently ran CAT6 to and would like to connect my wireless STB to it.  I also needed a Wifi router in the room, so is it possible to connect the STB through the router?  My attempts would work for about 5 minutes and I would get the lost signal screen.  Looking for a simple solution that would not require many settings changes.  Thanks.

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 y مضت

@papajake wrote:

I've had a wireless STB in a bonus room upstairs that I recently ran CAT6 to and would like to connect my wireless STB to it.  I also needed a Wifi router in the room, so is it possible to connect the STB through the router?  My attempts would work for about 5 minutes and I would get the lost signal screen.  Looking for a simple solution that would not require many settings changes.  Thanks.

No, cat6 must directly connect to wireless STB, then might have to reboot RG then reboot cat 6 connected wireless TV.  Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 y مضت

I believe what you are seeing is the TV mixed with internet on the same cat6 cable causes the router to flood.

I believe it is possible with the right router and settings to overcome that deficiency. But, it is beyond my knowledge.

More basic -

Does the u-verse receiver not work in wireless? why not use it wireless? If it is problem move the WAP closer. Use the cat6 for internet only.

Run a second cable.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.9K Messages

8 y مضت

Connecting most Wireless Routers to a line from the Residential Gateway carrying IPTV signals will cause problems.  The IPTV multicast causes the Wireless Router fits.  There are several posts around these forums with creative solutions to the problem of remote wireless signal.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.