fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

When I signed up to U-verse 2 or so years ago, the first thing my bride asked me was where was the Hallmark Channel? We had it on Direct TV. I called and talked to a representative at Uverse and they said Hallmark was asking too much $$ for thier programming. Ok, but my wife LIKES the Hallmark Channel, so I asked said rep to put us down for getting the Hallmark Channel as a customer request.

A year or so goes by and ATT buys Direct TV that has the Hallmark Channel and still no Hallmark on Uverse. Now I know that just because one Company buys another company that has a license to broadcast a particular product doesnt mean it can broadcast that product on two networks. But if you buy the Company that has the license and you have enough customers wanting that license on your other company than why not get it too? Then my bride would stop complaining about not having the Hallmark Channel and I could move on to a lesser number of complaints.

Before someone says,"get rid of the bride" let me say we have been marrried 41 years, so thats not gonna happen.Just saying.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

It is in the same place that the nhl network is at. On every cable provider except uverse.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Darn them Lawyers:-)!

If I was to liken U-verse to a Deli, I would say they have a fine menu. I have U450 plus HD so we have lots to pick from, but my bride and I like Pastrami sandwichs. Not having the Hallmark Channel is like not having mustard and the pickle on the side with the sandwich. You can eat it but it's not as good as the sandwich WITH the mustard & pickle. We've been hankerin' for a Pastrami Sandwich since we entered your "Deli". Please put it on the Menu! 

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@Steelcowboy wrote:

Darn them Lawyers:-)!

If I was to liken U-verse to a Deli, I would say they have a fine menu. I have U450 plus HD so we have lots to pick from, but my bride and I like Pastrami sandwichs. Not having the Hallmark Channel is like not having mustard and the pickle on the side with the sandwich. You can eat it but it's not as good as the sandwich WITH the mustard & pickle. We've been hankerin' for a Pastrami Sandwich since we entered your "Deli". Please put it on the Menu! 

Not going to happen until Crown Media lowers it's requested price to a level commensurate to the viewing level that was on Uverse when we had the channel previously.

http://uversechannels.att.com/

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/ChannelLocator/Default.aspx# 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATTUverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Things change as time goes by. Love grows to fill the need of the heart.

We have 3 adult "children" who are all contributing members of society. Two with college degrees and the youngest starting college at 31. He worked and traveled abroad instead of going to school. On his own dime I'm proud to say. We have 3 Grand children 7,3 and 2 months. But I brag too much.

I think you were asking about my Bride and I. We've been married 41 years this past Monday. We've been Happily Married 37 and 1/2 years. We've had 3 1/2 year of arguments in that time.I'd say thats not too bad.

I tell everyone a Man's got to be Lucky once in his life, I married mine!

Being in close proximity for so many years, there's bound to be some rubbing and bumping that's gonna happen. Love will find a way!

As for changes since the early 70's. I've went from Black & white TV with no remote (except for Dad, he said go change the channel or turn it up or down and we did) and only 3 Broadcast Networks to 60" Digital Flat Screen, HD, 450 channels maybe 50 Broadcasting Networks and DVR, Computer monitor, photo playing, Dolby Digital  surround sound, Blue tooth Television. And thats just in the Living room! Don't get me started on the phone changes:-)! 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Well it seems to this customer, that if the two parties would get together, put thier big boy pants or big girl panties on and come to a reasonable solution, we the customers could convince them to do so. We just have to have enough of us to ask or be a squeekin' wheel long enough for them to get it and shut us up. Just saying.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

We have missed the hallmark channel a great deal. We loved their show cedar cove, their holiday programming and other movies. We call once in awhile and hear they're working on it. We watched cedar cove on Netflix for the 2013 season, but the current season hadn't been posted there yet. We weren't able to watch it through the hallmark station on our internet tv since they don't have an agreement. So we have to go to amazon prime and pay to watch each show the day after it has aired. There are only a few stations in my cable plan I watch. I sure wish the channel was available, and especially in time for their countdown for Christmas movies and programs a friend told us about.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@ncmom4 wrote:
We have missed the hallmark channel a great deal. We loved their show cedar cove, their holiday programming and other movies. We call once in awhile and hear they're working on it. We watched cedar cove on Netflix for the 2013 season, but the current season hadn't been posted there yet. We weren't able to watch it through the hallmark station on our internet tv since they don't have an agreement. So we have to go to amazon prime and pay to watch each show the day after it has aired. There are only a few stations in my cable plan I watch. I sure wish the channel was available, and especially in time for their countdown for Christmas movies and programs a friend told us about.

Welcome @ncmom4 - Yeah my wife has been missing the Hallmark channels a great deal since they went off U-Verse.  A "person in the know" told me that they almost had a deal signed last year but were hopeful for this year.  Will it happen?  Who knows.  Honestly, it may never happen.  There were some really hurt feelings back in 2010.  Back then Hallmark had just hired Martha Stewart at a great cost.  Crown Media - Hallmark's parent - almost went belly up, over her.  U-Verse was relatively new and did not have much clout, so Hallmark wanted double what AT&T had been paying.  AT&T balked, as much to signal to others we will not be bullied.   It's been a frosty relationship, ever since.  It does take two parties to negotiate.  Who knows if Hallmark is the one, not willing to compromise?

Holiday Movies - The Hallmark Channel(s) do have many but they are NOT the only game in town.  Later in November, I would check this site.  Last year, only 1 in 5 of Christmas movies was on Hallmark.  My wife recorded so many on Lifetime, and so on, she could not watch them all until Spring.

Guru

• 

644 Messages

10 years ago

Did someone find the Hallmark channel yet. I looked under my couch behind my curtains.... lol Smiley LOL

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@Kong57 wrote:

Did someone find the Hallmark channel yet. I looked under my couch behind my curtains.... lol Smiley LOL

Oh, U-Verse doesn't offer Hallmark? 🙂 😉

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.