Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Aug 11, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

dwinth

2.3K Messages

5 years ago

It is over! The two Hallmark channels will be back as of tomorrow, 7/23/15. I hope the moderators go through the forum and clean it up a bit by deleting all of the hundreds of Hallmark threads created since August, 2010.

More information about the Hallmark Channel here.

On the other hand, will any posts made by a poster disappear under his profile if a thread is deleted?

I do not know if that is feasible, but it is just a thought.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Official Solution

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

Gone!!  Been gone for quite a while now.

Official Solution

dwinth

2.3K Messages

7 years ago

@ellemoy wrote:

That is very disappointing.  I switched from Comcast recently and didn't realize that Hallmark wasn't offered on U-Verse since I didn't think Hallmark would be a specialized channel that not all carriers would provide.  Is there a place to give feedback on the ATT website? 

The Hallmark Channel has been gone from U-Verse since September 1, 2010. Please make your request for that channel here:    http://uversechannels.att.com/

Not all providers carry the same channels. U-Verse carries channels that other providers do not have. Always check the most current channel listings before changing providers.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Official Solution

• 

15.5K Messages

7 years ago

Hallmark and Hallmark Movies have been OFF the Uverse lineup for over 3 years (9/2010). 

The chances of it being brought back in the next 2 weeks is pretty slim.

I've reached that age where my brain went from "You probably shouldn't say that"

...to...

"What the heck, let's see what happens."

Official Solution

• 

15.5K Messages

6 years ago

Uverse dropped Hallmark Channel 4 years ago.  Smiley Frustrated

I've reached that age where my brain went from "You probably shouldn't say that"

...to...

"What the heck, let's see what happens."

Official Solution

Jeffster

2.2K Messages

6 years ago

@GrannyM wrote:

SO FRUSTRATED! Just came back to U-Verse after being gone almost 3 yrs.

Well if that is true then you would of known that Uverse didn't have the Hallmark Channel as is has been gone for 4 years now(gone since Sept.1 2010) and I would hope that you would of checked that it was back.

mok543210

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Where is the Hallmark Channel??

SadathCS

Employee

• 

581 Messages

7 years ago

Hello,

beebeesa is correct. AT&T's agreement with Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel has expired. U-verse TV customers have been denied Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel programming by Hallmark. Although we have worked on negotiating a fair agreement with the Hallmark Channels, the programming fees they are seeking are not reasonable. As a result of not being able to reach a fair deal with Hallmark, these channels have been pulled from the U-verse line-up.

I have sent you a private message to discuss your U-verse Community Account:smileyinfo:

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
mok543210

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

It worked. Thanks

SadathCS

Employee

• 

581 Messages

7 years ago

You're welcome. As a security measure it is best not to use a full email address as a user id. I am glad we were able to correct this.

On another note, regarding the Hallmark Channel you can submit a survey to submit your interest in this channel. The results of this survey are used to make decisions during the negotiations with Hallmark.Smiley Happy

http://www.uversechannels.com/channel-survey

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
CynthiaWM

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Can anyone tell me how to work to get Hallmark Channel back?

RCSMG

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

7 years ago

It is gone until they (Hallmark) are willing to lower their rate to an amount AT&T is willing to pay.  We (the subs) don't have any say in the matter.

338cece

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

When I chatted with a technician he gave me a link where I could suggest a channel to add to the lineup.  I was able to suggest it - but the link disappeared when my chat ended.  Sorry.

It is so sad. U-verse runs ads for HALLMARK CHANNEL, but won't add the channel to the lineup.  It just doesn't make sense.  It seems every other cable, dish, and direct-tv has it.  If u-verse is supposed to be so great, why is it they can;t afford HALLMARK?  I will never understand - but I choose to be a disappointed customer  - I have been with AT&T my whole life, and every other aspect of my package is just fine.  So I have hope that one day they will bring it back..

dwinth

2.3K Messages

7 years ago

@CynthiaWM wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to work to get Hallmark Channel back?

Make your request here :  http://uversechannels.att.com/

The Hallmark Channel has been gone since September 1, 2010. Until Crown Media agrees to lower its carriage fees to AT&T, you will not see it in the U-Verse lineup.

mamaste

Explorer

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

The issue wasn't the amount of the carriage fees, but the fairness of the amount Crown Meua was asking. Crown wanted AT&T to pay an amount similar to what larger, national providers pay. AT&T felt they should pay an amount closer to what smaller providers with a smallee subscriber base pays. The amount was only 4 or 5 cents per subscriber. The way the reasoning is worded here, makes AT&T look cheap and Crown greedy. The dispute was about fairness not the actual amount Crown wanted. Until the two can agree on whether AT&T is a big company or a small one, we won't see Hallmark. Since 2010 things have changed. Hallmark's ratings have greatly improved and they no longer need to pay for Martha Stewart. AT&T has grown their customer base. Whatever happens now, will be based on this not on what happened in 2010. 

Get started...

Ask a new question