Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!

Contributor

 • 

2 Messages

Mon, Aug 11, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

Responses

dwinth

ACE - Professor

 • 

2.3K Messages

6 years ago

How about having large kettles that say "Hallmark" all over the country during holiday time so that people can put their requests for the Hallmark channels in them. The Salvation Army people won't mind double duty. If they do, the ACE Members can be in charge of the kettles.

 

 

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

 • 

15.8K Messages

6 years ago


@dwinth wrote:

How about having large kettles that say "Hallmark" all over the country during holiday time so that people can put their requests for the Hallmark channels in them. The Salvation Army people won't mind double duty. If they do, the ACE Members can be in charge of the kettles.

 

 


I'm only manning a kettle if I can wear my Ninja outfit and I get a cut of the take.  Smiley Surprised

Don't mess with old people.  The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Professor

 • 

3.7K Messages

6 years ago


@gfranklin wrote:
When we signed up this year, not only did the online list of channels include Style Network, the channel guide provided at installation included it. Access to that network was one of the reasons we signed up for u-verse, and if course, NO STYLE NETWORK!!! (Esquire, instead.) So realize that AT&T isn't above misleading customers when it suits them. And no, it wasn't just an innocent mistake.


Let me get this right.

 

You signed up this year (2014) for Style Network. A quick look online reveals that Style Network went off the air on all providers back in 2012, but might relaunch.

 

I highly doubt AT&T installers are giving out program guides from two years ago. In addition, this channel guide has no mention of Style. If a certain channel is "one of the reasons you signed up for" a various provider, I'm assuming you watch that channel on a regular basis. What provider did you come from?

 

Edit -- I do see that Style was set to re-launch next month. You can go to http://uversechannels.att.com and request it. No one here knows when a channel will launch, nor on what tier or channel number.

 

This site here has zero mention of any relaunch of Style.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/34-hdtv-programming/1721930-official-avs-national-hd-channel-lineups-cable-dbs-fiber-iptv-updated-10-2-14-a.html

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
dwinth

ACE - Professor

 • 

2.3K Messages

6 years ago


@baseballisback wrote:

@gfranklin wrote:
When we signed up this year, not only did the online list of channels include Style Network, the channel guide provided at installation included it. Access to that network was one of the reasons we signed up for u-verse, and if course, NO STYLE NETWORK!!! (Esquire, instead.) So realize that AT&T isn't above misleading customers when it suits them. And no, it wasn't just an innocent mistake.


Let me get this right.

 

You signed up this year (2014) for Style Network. A quick look online reveals that Style Network went off the air on all providers back in 2012.

 

I highly doubt AT&T installers are giving out program guides from two years ago. In addition, this channel guide has no mention of Style.

 

I await your reply.


As if you are going to get a reply. Smiley LOL

__________________________________________________

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Professor

 • 

3.7K Messages

6 years ago


@dwinth wrote:

@baseballisback wrote:

@gfranklin wrote:
When we signed up this year, not only did the online list of channels include Style Network, the channel guide provided at installation included it. Access to that network was one of the reasons we signed up for u-verse, and if course, NO STYLE NETWORK!!! (Esquire, instead.) So realize that AT&T isn't above misleading customers when it suits them. And no, it wasn't just an innocent mistake.


Let me get this right.

 

You signed up this year (2014) for Style Network. A quick look online reveals that Style Network went off the air on all providers back in 2012.

 

I highly doubt AT&T installers are giving out program guides from two years ago. In addition, this channel guide has no mention of Style.

 

I await your reply.


As if you are going to get a reply. Smiley LOL

__________________________________________________


 When pigs fly.

 

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

 • 

1 Message

6 years ago

Could you share why the Hallmark channel has been discontinued on UVerse in GA?  It would be hard for me to believe that cost is a factor, when there are so many other crazy channels that UVerse has choosen to keep in the line up. It would be nice to share the holiday spirit with friends and family watching Holiday shows, and continue through the year with Family appropriate shows.  What would it take to bring back the Hallmark channel?

mibrnsurg

Expert

 • 

20.4K Messages

6 years ago

Guess you're a little late responding to losing Hallmark channel in 2010 due to Crown Media demanding an outrageous amount per user to continue having Hallmark channel.

 

Yes, it is strictly about $$$. Smiley Surprised

 

Chris
__________________________________________________________

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

 • 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Last night we were watching a program about Buying Alaska, and an advertisement for the Hallmark Channel came on, advertising Christmas programs.  Why would uverse display an ad for a channel they don't carry, and why don't they?  I have a 90 year-old mother who loves that channel and is sorely disappointed not to have it.

ACE - Expert

 • 

15.8K Messages

6 years ago


@mizging wrote:

Last night we were watching a program about Buying Alaska, and an advertisement for the Hallmark Channel came on, advertising Christmas programs.  Why would uverse display an ad for a channel they don't carry, and why don't they?  I have a 90 year-old mother who loves that channel and is sorely disappointed not to have it.


The ad was shown by the NETWORK (Discovery/Destination America) and not by the PROVIDER (Uverse).

 

I see commercials for Kmart.  Guess what?  We don't have Kmarts here.  But Kmart pays their money and their commercials are shown all over.

Don't mess with old people.  The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

 • 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I agree with the person who was late in chiming in.  Maybe it's because we're new to Uverse.  I truly enjoyed the Hallmark channel, especially at this time of the year, and I would pay more to have it over some of the other ridiculous programming offered.

Tutor

 • 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Then you're gonna love me.  I started a new thread about the very thing.  As a new customer, missing Hallmark is a big thing.  [Please keep it courteous]

Tutor

 • 

6 Messages

6 years ago

 


@ILoveDanielle wrote:
The Hallmark Channel shows nothing but reruns of moldy oldie shows that would interest only am eighty year old grandmother sitting in a rocking chair with her cat knitting a sweater. Probably not AT&T's main target demographic. Normally I say the more channels the better, but this is one that really isn't worth trying to get back.

And you have the designation as "teacher."  Didn't anyone ever teach you humility and differences of opinions? I'm not eighty, don't knit, and don't have a rocker, but I love that channel.  I have never seen so many rude people on a forum...ever.

Tutor

 • 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Hey "Professor".  Some of us were lied to in order to sign on, and since we're new we weren't here in 2010 when the channels were dropped.  We don't have the big picture like you do, smartie pants.  

ACE - Expert

 • 

15.8K Messages

6 years ago


@mizging wrote:

Hey "Professor".  Some of us were lied to in order to sign on, and since we're new we weren't here in 2010 when the channels were dropped.  We don't have the big picture like you do, smartie pants.  


New?  I don't think so.

 

Someone with your username posted that "...they connected my service to my existing phone...." on July 12, 2013 so you'd think you would have noticed that The Hallmark Channel was missing before this.  How did you suffer through the holidays last year?

 

 

Don't mess with old people.  The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
slw531

Teacher

 • 

15 Messages

6 years ago

I am so dissappointed that ATT uverse doesn't have Hallmark. When my contract is up I to think I am going to leave. It seems most of the other cable companies have Hallmark. I really miss that channel. I wa recommending ATT to others and they also were upset that ATT didn't have Hallmark. I agree that Lifetime is not the same. Too many crazy killer movies and things that are not family friendly. I hope they get it back.

Get started...

Ask a new question