fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

I agree with the Blaze Craze, lol.  But not with a concerted "Hallmark Hailing."  The Blaze Crazies will flock here and there will instantly be 20 new forum users wanting the channel.  Hallmark has a steady 1-3 new forum members a week requesting it - hardly what I would term a mass callout. Smiley Very Happy

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Just wandering about the Hallmark Channel. When we went with U-Verse in March we were assured that the channel would be brought back before the Fall season. However, I have not seen any more talk about it. Please tell me this was not a "selling" line to get me to go with U-Verse.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

Hallmark has been gone from UVerse for almost 4 years (9/2010).

Will it EVER return?  Who knows but no ETA at this time.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@jmacky1234 wrote:

Just wandering about the Hallmark Channel. When we went with U-Verse in March we were assured that the channel would be brought back before the Fall season. However, I have not seen any more talk about it. Please tell me this was not a "selling" line to get me to go with U-Verse.

Unfortunately, you had a salesman who would say anything to make a sale. He outright lied to you. Nevertheless, enjoy U-Verse. There are plenty of channels and features to make it worth your while to stay.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

The Hallmark Channel shows nothing but reruns of moldy oldie shows that would interest only am eighty year old grandmother sitting in a rocking chair with her cat knitting a sweater. Probably not AT&T's main target demographic. Normally I say the more channels the better, but this is one that really isn't worth trying to get back.

Scholar

• 

117 Messages

10 years ago

Maybe, if you and Danielle are fortunate enough to reach eighty, you might have a different outlook! As a rule, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. There are fifty or so channels on U-Verse that I don' t watch, nor would I care If they were dropped. However, I understand that there are those who really enjoy them, so I don't openly knock them. in life, we should always remember that one man' s trash is another man's treasure!

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

10 years ago

You can request channels here:

http://uversechannels.att.com/

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I can only tell you my experience.  

I was so ready to change, and AT&T u-verse was the carrier I had contacted to change my home phone, cable and Internet.  But when I got the estimated bill from them it was "twice" what we agreed upon over the phone so I cancelled the installation.

What bothers me the most is when I was talking to AT&T rep I was very specific.  I want Hallmark and I want TV land.  He Freaking LIED to me, and there I was going for the bundled package.  I never even thought to check the internet about Hallmark and TV land.  I just believed them.

I'm still not happy with my TW cable bill but their Internet has been great.  

I went to an AT&T store and I got my home phone reduced by $500 a year by going with their plan.  And they were very nice and told me the truth that ATT and Hallmark have no agreement.  I'm sorry but that is a deal breaker for me,,,no Hallmark.  TV is not my thing other than those 2 channels.  Good lord I hate being lied to by slicktalking phone reps.

I'm going to switch to WOW which offers both channels and hopefully can reduce my Time Warner bill.

Just my story.  Hope it helps others and I wish you luck as we struggle through this crazy world of providers.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

Feel for you you @mookermom - my wife read about the start of Season 2 of Cedar Cove and she wondered again why did AT&T not carry Hallmark.  I have heard that they were close to an agreement last year - and they are still trying.  If you feel that you were lied to I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Okay. I'll do that. I hate disliking a company because my experience, but
it was the truth and I wanted to tell it because I think that is pretty
important.

And I don't dislike AT&T, just very much don't like being lied to.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.