fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Okay.  I sent a message to them telling them everything I wrote here.  

I won't ever lie on a forum.  I think that is terrible.  But I hope you don't take my message down because what I said was my truth as best I know.  If someone can tell me if I sent something error I will definitely post an immediate apology.  I'm only here to tell my little world and what I went through.

I don't think the company is bad, and dang you saved me a bundle with home phone, but I want Hallmark and I'll do what it takes to get it.     If you folks don't offer it, i'm fine looking elsewhere.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Oh I  don't work for AT&T or anyone.  I'm just a retired civil servant from NASA.  

I care about the benefit of "all mankind"....

It's what I do!

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@DCrabb wrote:

Is the Hallmark Channel coming back? I just signed up for UVerse and had I know it didnt carry Hallmark I WOULDNT of! Its my all time favorite and about the only thing I watch.

The Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel have not been part of the U-Verse lineup since September 1, 2010, when the carriage agreement between AT&T and Crown Media expired. No carriage agreement has been reached since that date between the two entities.

AT&T is fully aware that there are a lot of people who are subscribers who wish the return of the Hallmark channels.

Always check the channel lineups before signing a contract with a television provider. You will find that U-Verse has so many positives that will offset the abscense of the Hallmark channels.

Sorry to everyone out there. With this new format, it is very confusing, and I replied to a post from last year. I also noticed that you cannot apply a color to the words on your posting for emphasis. Please bring that feature back.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

...and the award for "The most confusing thread under the new format" goes to The Hallmark Channel thread!  Smiley Tongue

I, too, miss the ability to apply color and the "Quick reply" option.  Smiley Sad

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@skeeterintexas wrote:

...and the award for "The most confusing thread under the new format" goes to The Hallmark Channel thread!  Smiley Tongue

I, too, miss the ability to apply color and the "Quick reply" option.  Smiley Sad

In addition, when you go to a long thread you have to go to the first page, and then hit the last page (#14 for this thread). Under the old format, you went to the list of threads, and then you could hit #14 right away. That is why I accidentally commented on a post from last year.

This whole new format is going to discourage posting because it is too confusing and complex. I wonder whose idea it was to destroy the ease of use of this forum. Using the forum on an I-Phone is even more of a nightmare.

Please forum moderators and creators, do what you have to do to get rid of this new format, and go back to the old one. There was nothing wrong with it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I really enjoy Hallmark's new series and movies, and very disappointed that Uverse hasn't brought them to their network.

You can also request on their site as well:

hallmarkchannel.com/channellocator

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@ILoveDanielle wrote:
The Hallmark Channel shows nothing but reruns of moldy oldie shows that would interest only am eighty year old grandmother sitting in a rocking chair with her cat knitting a sweater. Probably not AT&T's main target demographic. Normally I say the more channels the better, but this is one that really isn't worth trying to get back.

Unfortunately that is not true - and I think that you know that.  There is at least one show that consistently won it's time slot, last year (Cedar Cove) and it's getting ready to come back for season 2.  I'm sure all of the "moldy oldy" forum regulars remember the folks who complained loudly when Mad Men was coming back on and AT&T was in negotiations with AMC.

So, your post is an obvious fail, lol.

jggiphy.gif

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Just signed up with U-verse switching over from cablevision (whom I'd been with for 10 years) because of the lower rate and DVR option. I was assured that my line up would be the same with a gauranteed lower rate for 2 years. I have now discovered that this was a lie as U-verse doesn't carry Hallmark Channel which I love (I love the mystery marathons that they have on sundays as well as the new shows like cedar cove and signed, sealed, delivered....its good CLEAN family viewing). I will be leaving ATT in 2 years once my contract is up if they don't have the Hallmark Channel back....I'd rather deal with the other companies that aren't foolish enough to not offer Hallmark like Cablevision, Dishnetwork and DirectTV....if you want to stay competitive ATT...you gotta man up!....you've got 2 years to show yourself, if not this is one customer that'll be gone for good!

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@MysteryBuff wrote:

Just signed up with U-verse switching over from cablevision (whom I'd been with for 10 years) because of the lower rate and DVR option. I was assured that my line up would be the same with a gauranteed lower rate for 2 years. I have now discovered that this was a lie as U-verse doesn't carry Hallmark Channel which I love (I love the mystery marathons that they have on sundays as well as the new shows like cedar cove and signed, sealed, delivered....its good CLEAN family viewing). I will be leaving ATT in 2 years once my contract is up if they don't have the Hallmark Channel back....I'd rather deal with the other companies that aren't foolish enough to not offer Hallmark like Cablevision, Dishnetwork and DirectTV....if you want to stay competitive ATT...you gotta man up!....you've got 2 years to show yourself, if not this is one customer that'll be gone for good!

MysteryBuff: Welcome to the forum. The Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel have been gone, due to a contract dispute, from the U-Verse lineup since September 1, 2010.

It sounds like you had an dishonest salesperson or you may have just misunderstood. Cable and satellite companies do not have identical channel lineups. What is on one company's lineup may be missing from another company's channel lineup.

AT&T knows that there are many customers who would like to have the Hallmark channels back. Due to excellent growth in its customer base since 2010, AT&T may have more clout at this time when it comes to negotiating with Crown Media (the owner of the Hallmark channels).

There are so many positives to U-Verse that once your contract is up, you will hopefully stay. You never know, by then the Hallmark channels could be back.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T U-verse need to make a deal with Hallmark.  They have the best family shows/movies.  The Christmas movies are the best.  Please make a deal with Hallmark.  I am writing them and asking them to come back.  Other wise, I may have to go back to a service that has Hallmark.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.