Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
nashtn76's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Sat, Sep 28, 2019 5:12 AM

Closed

Where is Channel 1136 - MeTV?

I've been watching MeTV since I got ATT Uverse two years ago. I watched it last night, and tonight (09/27/19) I came home from work and 1136 was not there? I live in Nashville, TN. 

I'm upset!!

Tom *****

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

Responses

leavenfish

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

a year ago

The Wiki entry...particularly the Affiliate section (for anyone who cares to read it) makes me wonder if the other cable carriers in the Nashville area like Comcast will face the same situation and just have not gotten to it yet?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

a year ago

I don't think comcast in Nashville has MeTV in their channel line up. I first got MeTV with a digital Antenna.
leavenfish

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

a year ago

Both the Comcast website and the MeTV website say otherwise. Channels 22 and 1044.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

a year ago

When I input 1136 directly it automatically goes to 1137.  

leavenfish

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

a year ago

Because there is no 1136 any longer.

If you want MeTV, it is on ch 66 now. Standard Def for all programs, smaller screen, some other issues already detailed on this forum.

ACE - Expert

• 

18.1K Messages

a year ago

@leavenfish wrote:

Because there is no 1136 any longer.

If you want MeTV, it is on ch 66 now. Standard Def for all programs, smaller screen, some other issues already detailed on this forum.

Not true in all markets.  We get METV-HD 1136 in the Dallas market and I would have to believe in other markets as well.  

Don't mess with old people.  The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Professor

• 

4.4K Messages

a year ago

I get 1136 in Columbus.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
leavenfish

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

a year ago

If you would check, you can see that it is NASHVILLE subscribers that is complaining - no one is saying 1136 is gone from all cities - 1136 is the NATIONAL feed.

Simply, Uverse seems to have sold the rights to the Nashville market to some little local station...so Nashville ATT has to carry that (horrible) one.

But everyone across the country should beware...this selling off of the rights could possibly be in store for you as well. All it probably takes is something like happened in the Nashville market. I'm NOT saying it will...but it has here so...beware.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

a year ago

That is apparently the situation. Although, WKRN Channel 2 in Nashville was Broadcasting MeTV what it called Channel 2.2 when I was using a digital Antenna.
It is that channel that AT&T is now putting on 66. But, it does have a terrible picture and a much smaller image. I'm not happy.
I may go back to Comcast.
leavenfish

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

a year ago

Perhaps the local ABC station (carrying a major networks programs) has more 'pull' with the local Comcast affiliate than does the little East Nashville station which now has the rights. I don't know why the ABC affiliate could use the NATIONAL FEED, while the other is unable to. To me, that is the crux of the problem since all originates with the national feed.

So, who to 'blame'? In the end, I have to think MeTV as they let an inferior outlet have the broadcasting rights. But maybe it is the local Uverse people?  

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

It's not the money, AT&T is paying their CEO multi-millions$$$$$, they even dropped the NFL channel.  These are all time favorites of Old Westerns and football fans! Not even caring about customers. METV broadcasted all of the good ole western from back in the day. Forget it about Football fans! I will be dropping them real soon! Some of the other cable subscribers have switched to streaming anyway.

(edited)

ACE - Professor

• 

4.4K Messages

7 months ago

Please don't respond to old threads. As already said, MeTV is fine in some areas. You can always get the most-current channel notifications at http://programmingnotices.att.com

In addition, U-Verse *is* streaming. But these new services you speak of work the exact same way as other services. Their customers pay money to the same channel owners that everyone else does. Those companies enter the same negotiations that AT&T and Comcast do. Those prices have also been going up.

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

I have ATT &T TV. What channels are 'movies' and '45' on? I'm in Minneapolis.

ACE - Professor

• 

4.4K Messages

3 months ago

Please start a new thread in the appropriate forum.

If you received a box in the mail, you have AT&T TV. If you did not receive anything in the mail, you have AT&T TV Now.

https://forums.att.com/categories/att-tv/5def9460238f4a196321de05

As this is an old thread, it will be closed.

Get started...

Ask a new question