Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.

AT&T related help: Changes to U-verse TV channels

Mswoller's profile

2 Messages

Saturday, July 22nd, 2023 11:00 AM

When will Fox be back?

I am about to switch service after 13 yrs with ATT due to the fact that the local Fox Channel and ability to use the Fox Sports app using U-verse is not capable. Amazing that you can’t watch the women’s World Cup when being an ATT customer. Also, need an option before college and pro football starts up in just over a month from now.

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

WGN and other terminated channels owned by Nexstar

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.6K Messages

10 months ago

Is it that your local Fox affiliate is owned by Nexstar and is not allowing DIRECTV/AT&T U-verse to transmit their content during the negotiations, or is this some technical problem?

If it's the former, do be warned that Nexstar is having fights with everyone, as one of (if not the) largest station owners in the country.  I think I heard that Dish is currently it the same situation at this time.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

32.3K Messages

10 months ago

@Mswoller 

If your local Fox affiliate station is owned by Nexstar, there is nothing you can do. AT&T and DirecTV are forbidden from the channel because the owner is demanding much higher rates. Switching will not save you as all providers go through these negotiations and local affiliates (especially Nexstar) are doing this more often. And NOBODY knows when it will be back as that is asking to predict the future on when Nexstar gives permission.

Now if it is a technical issue, that is another matter. Post specific details about the issue and we will try to provide guidance.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

10 months ago

Geez, if we only knew the OPs location or the station’s call letters we could provide a better answer….🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

7 Messages

9 months ago

I’m going thru the same thing because my local FOX station is owned by Nextstar. We’ve all gone thru these blackouts before with local stations in the past, however I don’t think I’ve ever experienced one this long before. It’s been over a month here, and I think that’s pretty ridiculous given the amount we already pay for cable. Really makes one want to stop just thinking about cutting the cord and actually do it!

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 months ago

Nexstar went through a similarly-long one with AT&T just a few years ago.

As far as cutting the cord, you did that when you dropped cable. All providers, and I do mean *all* providers, raise prices. Heck, even some of the DTC services like Disney+ and Netflix have raised prices in the last year or two.

(edited)

7 Messages

9 months ago

I’m not sure what you mean by saying that I’ve already cut the cord (assuming you were talking to me). I pay over $200/mo for my cable/internet package. But to your other point, yes all streaming services have raised their prices! I get the increases, everything has increased across the board…..food, clothes, cars, and our beloved entertainment….but the cable companies really take it to the extreme. A $30+

per month increase is unacceptable.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 months ago

U-Verse isn't cable.

If your bill went up $30/mo, look at what promotions recently expired. Normal price increases are typically no more than about $8/mo and happen in the first 2-3 months each year.

(edited)

7 Messages

9 months ago

What do you mean Uverse isn’t cable? What do you call it then? ATT is both my cable provider and internet provider. It’s where I go to watch both basic and premium cable stations. And yes, I know all about the promotions, I have to call every year to get on a different promotion, otherwise my bill increases anywhere from $30-50/mo. I shouldn’t have to do that. I don’t have to call Netflix or Hulu or Prime to negotiate my rate every year. I’ve never had a normal price increase since being a customer with ATT, and it’s the same with all the cable giants…Spectrum, Comcast, etc. They all operate the same.

Scholar

• 

375 Messages

9 months ago

Always have an antenna ready in case of emergency, if your antenna has an RG5 Cable, I would upgrade to an RG6 CABLE. Sometimes you can get a better picture using an antenna than cable. You might have to move the antenna around as some locations some channels will not come in.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.5K Messages

9 months ago

@maggiesvineyard  Uverse (DirecTV) is IPTV, Internet Protocol Television. You may have a coax connection (cable) coming in to your house but it is not cable television. It used to be part of AT&T's Triple Play package (DirecTV, IPTV, and VoIP)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.