AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
Pcb0101's profile

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

Fri, May 31, 2019 2:33 AM

Closed

What is tvpromise.com and why are they removing programming?

What is tvpromise.com and why are they removing programming on nbc?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I am a 60 year old women on a limited budget. I chose Directv as it was the best option for me. I recently learned my CBS channels maybe be dropped from my line up.  I don't have a smart phone nor do I have the finances to pay to watch CBS on my computer.

I know one person's concerns may mean nothing and I am very much aware how large AT&T is, should this happen I will check my options to cancel my AT&T Directv without a penalty and tell everyone I know how I was treated by AT&T. AT&T may loose more than its Directv customers maybe phone customers. Word of month can go a long way.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

I think this is a way to get more money and we are paying to much already. Besides that, I was watching TV last night and every 5 minutes of programming had 10-12 commercials. This is getting ridiculous. Shirley

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

Me too!

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

AM CONSIDERING CHANGING PROVIDERS IF I CAN FIND ONE THAT HAS THE STATIONS WE ARE MISSING! SHIRLEY PACE

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

how do you get this provider. I would be interested in changing. Shirley
c_brookhart

Scholar

• 

224 Messages

3 years ago

Unfortunately, switching providers is only a temporary solution. Chances
are that there will be another dispute with the other provider depending on
how long you stay with them.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

The resolution is to cut the cord. You may find that streaming is the cheapest way to go and you can get most all of the local channels through most all of the stream packages like Hulu, etc.  I just ordered some streaming equipment for all of my tv's for less than $100 and that is going the upper level.  Yes, you do need a high speed internet and a good one, but it is well worth it not to have to be at the mercy of the cable companies.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Nexstar said the stations went down at 11:59 p.m. ET on July 3 after DirecTV rejected an offer to extend the previous contract until Aug. 2 in order to continue negotiations. Nexstar said in a lengthy statement that DirecTV executives discouraged the broadcaster from running a crawl on its stations warning viewers of the potential blackout, a move that Nexstar executives took as a sign of confidence that a deal for more than 120 stations in 97 markets would be completed by the July 3 deadline.

“While Nexstar believed progress was being made in the negotiations, DirecTV misled Nexstar as it requested that viewers not be informed about the pending expiration as long as negotiations were continuing to be constructive,” Nexstar said. “Yet, with minutes to go before the prior agreement was to expire, DirecTV/AT&T did not accept Nexstar’s offer for an extension which would have allowed viewers in the affected markets to view their favorite network shows, special events, sports, local news and other programming on the Fourth of July and until such time as a new agreement can be reached.”

A little more than a year after putting DirecTV together with Time Warner, AT&T appears intent on using its new market power to prioritize its own content at the expense of consumers, and insisting on unreasonable and extreme terms that are totally inconsistent with the market,” Nexstar said, also noting that DirecTV recently raised its prices.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

If this issue isn’t resolved soon, I’ll be disconnecting direct tv. Since I’m paying for the stations I signed up for, direct tv failed to live up to it’s agreement l will not pay any penalty for early disconnect. Sincerely Mr Anthony [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

30.5K Messages

3 years ago

@Tonyc43 wrote:
If this issue isn’t resolved soon, I’ll be disconnecting direct tv. Since I’m paying for the stations I signed up for, direct tv failed to live up to it’s agreement l will not pay any penalty for early disconnect. Sincerely Mr Anthony Cantanucci

DirecTV has lived up to their agreement. The residential agreement specifically states that such programming is subject to change at any time. They don't own the channels so cannot force them to stay. If you choose to cancel, and still have time left on your service agreement, then the early cancellation fee (ECF) would be correct so you would be required to pay it. You may not like the situation, but the service agreement has not been violated.

(d) Our Programming Changes.

Many factors affect the availability, cost and quality of programming and may influence the decision to raise prices and the amount of any increase. These include, among others, programming and other costs, consumer demand, market and shareholder expectations, and changing business conditions. Accordingly, we reserve the unrestricted right to change, rearrange, add or delete our programming packages, the selections in those packages, our prices, technologies used to deliver the Service, and any other Service we offer, at any time.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.