Pre-order the new Google Pixel 7, Google Pixel 7 Pro and new Google Pixel Watch - Online Now!
Pcb0101's profile

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

Fri, May 31, 2019 2:33 AM

Closed

What is tvpromise.com and why are they removing programming?

What is tvpromise.com and why are they removing programming on nbc?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

3年前

Bear in mind that the NBC stations that are being lost are privately owned affiliates...in this case Deerfield Media. 

The rest of us are getting our NBC stations because they have a carriage agreement with AT&T.   I'm sorry that some of you are not getting access to your local NBC station but you are the exception and not the rule. 

Like @_xyzzy_  said, the station owners bear as much responsibility as AT&T.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3年前

WEYI NBC (out of the Flint/Saginaw area) has a lot of programming I watch, but they pulled some pretty sneaky stuff in the past when Comcast was the only game in town.  Instead of letting Comcast show the Detroit WB affiliate, WEYI became the Flint WB affiliate (in addition to remaining Flint's NBC affiliate) and if you wanted to watch WB programming, you had to watch it on WEYI at 3 am.

I thought that a lot of the local exclusivity laws and local sports blackout rules were no longer in effect.  If there's no legal restrictions, why not just strike up a deal with WILX or WDIV?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

3年前

While DirecTV is specifically mentioned, the issue affects Uverse customers equally.  Everyone needs to understand that the station owners bear as much responsibility as AT&T during these disputes.

DirecTV is locked in a retransmission consent dispute with 17 small TV stations in 14 markets across the country that have gone dark to the satellite TV giant after attempts to hammer out a deal have failed.

.....stations owned by Deerfield Media, MPS Media, GoCom Media of Illinois, Howard Stirk Holdings, Roberts Media, Second Generation of Iowa, and Waitt Broadcasting went dark Friday May 31 to DirecTV, Uverse and DirecTV Now customers’ homes.

AT&T said in a statement. “...by law, each of their owners, who are represented collectively, has exclusive control over their carriage rights.”

Full article HERE

For everyone who has expressed their frustration here also need to contact their local station.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

3年前

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3年前

When are ATT and NBC going to settle.  I am getting a little mad not having NBC.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

3年前

It's AT&T and the station owners that need to settle, NOT NBC. 

Mimawp.o.d

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

3年前

I'm with uverse 1 year contract is almost up. This fight has been going on for a long time . Also on demand Nbc has removed any opportunity to watch anything from them.  I'm going to find a diff provider, this is ridiculous, sick of att,screwing us. Pay your bills .I have to pay mine. Pay NBC like we have to pay you. Sounds like big rich kids fighting over a toy in their sandbox. Well I'm not playing At& t buys Time warner, xfinity buys Nbc now we,the consumer get screwed because xfinity has At&t by the short hairs. Who loses? You and me. 

Mimawp.o.d

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

3年前

• I'm with uverse 1 year contract is almost up. This fight has been going on for a long time . Also on demand Nbc has removed any opportunity to watch anything from them.  I'm going to find a diff provider, this is ridiculous, sick of att,screwing us. Pay your bills .I have to pay mine. Pay NBC like we have to pay you. Sounds like big rich kids fighting over a toy in their sandbox. Well I'm not playing At& t buys Time warner, xfinity buys Nbc now we, the consumer get screwed because xfinity has At&t by the short hairs. Who loses? You and me. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3年前

Can someone tell me if losing one of the few channels I watch being removed is breach of contract if so I can get another provider tomorrow!

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

3年前

@Wink275 

Read the following,

AT&T U-verse® TV and AT&T Phone Terms of Service

Specifically section 8 (8. INTERRUPTIONS, LIMITATIONS, AND MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE).

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

3年前

When will it be back on?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

3年前

Some smaller markets lost their local NBC affiliates due to contract disputes

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

3年前

I’m not seeking a refund, but thanks for the info. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should...

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3年前

Why was WSWB removed without any notice.  Your prices continue to rise and we get less.  I watched that channel every night.  

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

3年前

I live in Springfield, OR and my local NBC is out with this stupid message to go to my computer to look up tvpromise.com.  Who are they and what do they have to do with Directv?  So is the whole deal that instead of getting a 10% profit after all expenses you might get 9% instead?  You greedy creeps.  First we had FREE TV unless you chose to purchase cable then you made it so we had no choice except to purchase cable at exorbitant rates.  This is simply greed Greed GREED and we the people are the ones paying for it. 

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.