Pcb0101's profile

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

Friday, May 31st, 2019 2:33 AM

Closed

What is tvpromise.com and why are they removing programming?

What is tvpromise.com and why are they removing programming on nbc?

ACE - Expert

• 

32K Messages

5 years ago

@Missingstation wrote:

There are other NBC stations that DirectTV has access to. They should be made available to customers until the problem with Nexstar can be resolved.

If not, going Xfinity may be the solution.

Per Federal regulations DirecTV is not allowed to provide you other local affiliates of NBC. They are only allowed to provide you what is in your Designated Market Area (DMA), and only with the permission from the local.

If DirecTV was allowed otherwise, it would take away a lot of the power from local affiliates like Nexstar. This is why locals had heavily lobbied for these regulations to maintain that control.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

That unfortunately is not an option for me i live in a rural area and we dont get to choose we have Direct TV or satellite thats all!

ACE - Expert

• 

32K Messages

5 years ago

@Amybir570 wrote:
That unfortunately is not an option for me i live in a rural...

That is unfortunate. This is a big reason we want Federal regulations to change so that TV providers could provide an alternate option for the network, even if any local information is still tied to your local affiliate.

we have Direct TV or satellite thats all!

Not sure if typo or just a way to emphasize that you're rural, but DirecTV is satellite.

Scholar

• 

237 Messages

5 years ago

Recorded shows will still show programming, but only if they were recorded
prior to midnight in July 3. Anything after that will just be a blue
screen.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

It will get resolved by Sep. due to NFL Sunday Ticket. I live in central Illinois and have lost Fox and now CBS. Without these 2 channels there is no Sunday Ticket. And trust me, the networks know this.  

ACE - Expert

• 

32K Messages

5 years ago

@Packers1919 wrote:

It will get resolved by Sep. due to NFL Sunday Ticket. I live in central Illinois and have lost Fox and now CBS. Without these 2 channels there is no Sunday Ticket. And trust me, the networks know this. 

Local channels is where you watch in-market games. NFL Sunday Ticket is where you watch out-of-market games. Your local affiliates of FOX and CBS being pulled will in no way affect your option to get the NFL Sunday Ticket.

Perhaps you meant the NFL Season instead of the NFL Sunday Ticket? That is the only way your statement works. Though it is not guaranteed to be resolved by the start of the NFL season, it is certainly a critical timeline for the negotiations.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

we should not have to go to another streaming device especially when I am paying for the services they promised.   I hold nextstar just as responsible as Directv.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

This is absolutely ridiculous. Just because we pay for cable doesn’t mean we don’t pay just as much for our local channels. As someone else stated, a good customer service based company would not allow their customers to go without just because they can’t agree on a negotiation. Give us our channels back, this is out of hand. I’m tired Of flipping through to watch my shows to hear your god awful music and not get to watch my shows. 

ACE - Expert

• 

32K Messages

5 years ago

@Fountain7226 wrote:

As someone else stated, a good customer service based company would not allow their customers to go without just because they can’t agree on a negotiation. 

So you would prefer your TV provider allow your bill to go up to meet the high(er) rates that Nexstar wants instead of continuing to negotiate? I would prefer negotiations continue if it means minimizing any further rate hikes from the local owner. Caving quickly to the demands of the local affiliate with further rate hikes is not good customer service.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

With DirectTV not able to televise NBC aka Nexstar, I had to go to a local eating establishment to watch my daughter on Tuesday nights. But this week that won't be the case I purchased a simple device that screws into the cable outlet bypassing DirectTV. I get over 200 stations free, no difference in picture quality.
I'll use the device and if I keep getting this quality, good-bye DirectTV.

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.