Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
mkaise3's profile

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, July 18th, 2023 7:39 PM

Closed

WGN Channel 9 Missing!

It has been over 3 weeks that WGN Channel 9 has been off your service due to a contractual dispute re price. Do whatever you need to do to resume this channel. At the price you are charging me, I should be able to get WGN. I plan to cut the cord shortly and completely do streaming. 

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

WGN and other terminated channels owned by Nexstar

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

10 months ago

👋

ACE - New Member

• 

150 Messages

10 months ago

Yes, the reason you no longer have your local channel is because of a contract dispute with your TV provider.  This is something that happens no matter what live tv provider you use cable/sat/streaming.  They all go through these disputes.  The only way you can avoid this is to get an over-the-air antenna.  Fubo TV and YouTubeTV just went through a similar dispute with the same provider.  Dish network is still in dispute with this provider as well as Directv Sat & Streaming services.  Because of this dispute, you have the opportunity to get a 1-time credit of $10 if you go to www.tvpromise.com unless you plan to no longer have live TV you will still be affected by these disputes.  To the provider(Nexstar), this is just a game to them to try and make more money to line their pockets that is why your TV provider is trying to negotiate the price down so you will not see a large cost increase to your bill because that affects all of us and I for one do not want to pay anything extra.

(edited)

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 months ago

Search before you start a new thread. Your answer is already in the forums.

Yes, there is a rebate being offered.

No, I won't tell you how to get it.

Have fun with your new provider! BTW, since U-Verse isn't cable, you already cut the cord.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.