ifonly01's profile

Teacher

• 

47 Messages

Monday, July 3rd, 2023 1:39 PM

Closed

WGN and other terminated channels owned by Nexstar

Discovered last night that Uverse took away WGN. I am disgusted. Can't even find a link to view the current announcement of channel changes. Cost keeps going up, yet number of channels provided keeps decreasing. I give up.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.1K Messages

9 months ago

What don't you understand? AT&T is negotiating and they will probably resolve it, eventually, but it's going to take time. Nexstar is the one who pulled the channel(s) hoping that customers like you will put all of the blame on AT&T and pressure them to meet the unreasonable demands of Nexstar. This happens to all providers at one time or another. The customer is always put in the middle by the provider and the station owner. Business 101.

• 

11 Messages

9 months ago

“On the other hand, Nexstar is getting ZERO from DIRECTV right now, and that doesn't make investors happy, either.”

And we’re still paying for programming (which we’re not receiving) which doesn’t make us happy.  

You just proved my point - DIRECTTV is paying nothing to Nexstar - who owns all the stations - and is (once again) taking ALL profit from our monthly payments. 

I can see why this would be a contentious negotiation, and frankly I don’t believe any negotiations are actually in play.  Why negotiate when DirectTV isn’t paying Nexstar at all?  Just depositing all of our monthly payments.  

Like a management company collecting your rent, but not paying the owners of the building.  

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 months ago

I got $10 off which is far more than what I'd be paying for two channels (one local and NewsNation) for one month.

• 

11 Messages

9 months ago

Who wants NewsNation?

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 months ago

Nexstar is undoubtedly demanding its placement in a tier reaching X% of subscribers. It's standard negotiating for the companies which own channels.

When ESPN or MSNBC are up for negotiations, each of those come with additional channels.

Mentor

• 

155 Messages

9 months ago

Hello,

Unless I'm totally mistaken it seems to me that as far as missing channels are concerned it seems like it's always nexstar that is always the corporation that seems to cause the most problems, which proves that some companies are a LOT more money hungry than others.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.1K Messages

9 months ago

@Davy49  Sinclair Media did the same thing  about a year or so ago. Same tactic. They pulled their network feed trying to get AT&T to meet their demands. It was finally resolved but nobody knows what the outcome was only that the customers, as usual, paid the price.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 months ago

I remember when the contract with Disney (ESPN) was about to expire a few years ago. ESPN began running an exclusive scroll for AT&T customers, which AT&T started to cover up. IIRC, after that, ESPN ran it in different places.

ACE - Expert

• 

32K Messages

9 months ago

Try Viacom with all their Nick channels. People freaked out because their babysitter was gone and they had to parent. Every time these negotiations bring out the worst in people and showcase those that are way too dependent on TV.

• 

11 Messages

9 months ago

@JefferMC   Thank you for providing links to press releases from both sides.  I noticed, in particular, only one side included NAMES, TITLES, and PHONE NUMBERS of two people who seem to be higher ups (based on their titles) - and that was Nexstar.  DirectTV’s approach is to allow the constantly beaten up service reps, who I’m certain are not paid enough to take all of the complaints regarding this fiasco.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.