floridasoccerfan's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, June 4th, 2013 6:15 PM

We need beIN Sport!!!

Why AT&T don't have beIN Sport? I regret to have AT&T! I can't watch the most important soccer games. Someone knows if AT&T will offer beIN Sport soon?

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

@DEEB0rider wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:  the game is just too slow for the majority of people to actually watch a soccer match for an entire game.

You've got to be kidding me.  The match is over 105 minutes after the broadcast starts.  There are no commercials except at halftime...which lasts about 10 minutes.  

In that 105 minutes there will be most likely no more than 6 goals.  Other than that it will be a few people kicking a ball around and no major highlights.

105 minutes into an NFL broadcast, you'll be just starting the 3rd quarter, and a scoreline of 14-14 (2-2 if you dont wanna count by 7s) is about the norm, and you'll likely have watched 15 minutes of actual gameplay.

Actually at the start fo the 3rd quarter there would have been 30 minutes of play time removed from the clock. That doesn't count playtime after the clock had ended or if the clock isn't running for the point after touchdown, while the ball is in the air after kickoff, etc.

For soccer, the game may have anywhere from 90 minutes to 120 minutes on the clock, but the clock may still keep going until the ref decides the game is over. With the clock never stopping it can get confusing for a casual viewer not knowing when the game will end because they didnt see that 15 minutes in that one player went out injured and it took 8 minutes to get him off the field.

The only reason that you get the illusion of the game being slow is because the camera is zoomed out and players are spaced out over 80 yards, rather than 20.  How many times are 60 yard passes complete in any given NFL game?  The 60 yard passes aren't the only exciting thing in football. There's also the breakaway run, the  successful quarterback blitz, etc. Now how about comparing that to how many times a 60 yard pass is "completed" in a soccer game (dozens of times). How many times does that 60 yard pass result in a goal? In football a 60 yard pass almost guarantees a touchdown. If not on that play then within the next few.

Either way...why are you even posting in this topic to tear apart the reasoning for what someone else wants ATT to carry?  BEIN Sport has exclusive rights to the spanish league, the italian league, the french league, and the english championship (english 2nd division)...as well as all the USA national team world cup qualifiers which are played outside of the US.  While that may not be appealling to you, its MASSIVELY appealing to me.

The reason its not carried is because they havent agreed a price...simple as that. Citation please  BEIN sport feels that theyre worth more than what ATT is willing to pay. Citation please The only way to convince ATT that BEIN is worth more is for individuals to voice their desire to have access to this channel....sooo... This part I agree with. 

ATT, please add this channel.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

There shouldn't even be a debate about the popularity of soccer in this context. AT&T UVerse already carries Fox Soccer Channel (not to mention GolTV and Univision). The Fox Soccer Channel channel is already going away. This is due to their loss of the Premier League and MLS to NBC along with US Men's National Team games to ESPN and BeIN. When that channel leaves and combines with Speed to become Fox Sports One, then AT&T should just add BeIN in its place. Makes sense to me.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@wonkothesane1 wrote:

There shouldn't even be a debate about the popularity of soccer in this context. AT&T UVerse already carries Fox Soccer Channel (not to mention GolTV and Univision). The Fox Soccer Channel channel is already going away. This is due to their loss of the Premier League and MLS to NBC along with US Men's National Team games to ESPN and BeIN. When that channel leaves and combines with Speed to become Fox Sports One, then AT&T should just add BeIN in its place. Makes sense to me.

It all comes down to the amount of $$$ that the other channel wants vs the number of people that would actually watch the channel.  

Guru

• 

622 Messages

11 years ago

@wonkothesane1 wrote:

Perhaps, but keep in mind that Fox Sports 1 isn't starting until mid-August.

AT&T can get quite confused when it comes to negotiating for channels - just ask any WWE fan who remembers when WWE On Demand was removed at the end of 2011 (yes, I meant 2011, not 2012) after WWE announced that it would be going away once the WWE Network channel started up "in April" - and even when it became obvious to everybody that WWE Network wouldn't start up by April 2013, much less April 2012, AT&T still probably thinks the new channel is "too close to starting to make negotiating a contract for WWE On Demand not worthwhile."

Also don't assume that beIN is necessarily at the top of AT&T's list - there's also Hallmark Channel, NHL Network, BBC America HD,...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I too would like AT&T to add BeIN sports.  It is now the home for the FIM World Superbike racing series, recently dropped by Speed as they move the station into "traditional" sports.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I too would like AT&T to add BeIN sports.  It is now the home for the FIM World Superbike racing series, recently dropped by Speed as they move the station into "traditional" sports.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@kylelaurakman wrote:

Well that is a start.  I am decidedly NOT a soccer fan but by visiting this link, I see that there is lots there to watch.  So, why not AT&T?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Watching MLS is watching paint dry!  By the way, MLS is sponsored by ATT.  How pointless.  BeIn Sport shows some of the best soccer in the world.  It's clear you've never watched high level soccer so you wouldn't know the difference if it fell out of the sky and landed on your face.  It would have to do that since you can't watch it on ATT Uverse.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@pcarlson79 wrote:

Watching MLS is watching paint dry!  By the way, MLS is sponsored by ATT.  How pointless.  BeIn Sport shows some of the best soccer in the world.  It's clear you've never watched high level soccer so you wouldn't know the difference if it fell out of the sky and landed on your face.  It would have to do that since you can't watch it on ATT Uverse.

I've been to UEFA Cup matches in Monaco and was stationed in Naples Italy and went to several Seria A matches, I've also gone to see FC Dallas matches in person.  HUGE difference watching a game in person and watching on TV.  Watching soccer on tv is about the same as watching paint dry it's just not exciting.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

iSince I have done the petition and everything to get this channel. So hopeful this post will help also

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.