floridasoccerfan's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, June 4th, 2013 6:15 PM

We need beIN Sport!!!

Why AT&T don't have beIN Sport? I regret to have AT&T! I can't watch the most important soccer games. Someone knows if AT&T will offer beIN Sport soon?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

That's a poll result.  Ask people what sports they like.  A lot of kids play soccer and therefore list it as a favorite sport.  But would they watch it?  Ha.  My soccer player was never interested in watching it, just playing it.

You gave the impression you were talking about TV broadcast ratings.  That's a far different thing that fandom.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

33 million viewers, maybe, and that's a really big maybe, a world cup match with the US playing could draw 33 million viewers, but MLS and even the European league games shown on Fox Sports, Fox Soccer, Fox Soccer Plus, ESPN, and any other channel could only dream of having 33 million people watch a soccer game.  While it may be played by millions of kids across the country, the game is just too slow for the majority of people to actually watch a soccer match for an entire game.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

where is my bein sport i pay $ 150 at month i not have my best channel

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

11 years ago

@navarro0907 wrote:

where is my bein sport i pay $ 150 at month i not have my best channel

How long have you been a U-Verse subscriber? beIN Sports has never been part of the U-Verse lineup. You should have checked before you signed up for U-Verse.  I would suggest that you make a request for that channel here:

http://uversechannels.att.com/

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

"the game is just too slow for the majority of people to actually watch a soccer match for an entire game"

Seriously? Slower than baseball...?

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

it is my understanding that DIRECTV has BeIN sports. would like to get ATT Uverse that station. The reason for this is that station carries all USA mens and womens soccer games for the US national teams. it is terrible but we have the technology to air our own countries games but because the station is not part of ATT Uverse our customers like myself cannot view these games. Would like to see everyone voice their opinions and request that ATT uverse get this station.

Guru

• 

644 Messages

11 years ago

Spamtastic

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I would also like to see uverse carry Bein.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@cookiejhwk wrote:
it is my understanding that DIRECTV has BeIN sports. would like to get ATT Uverse that station. The reason for this is that station carries all USA mens and womens soccer games for the US national teams. it is terrible but we have the technology to air our own countries games but because the station is not part of ATT Uverse our customers like myself cannot view these games. Would like to see everyone voice their opinions and request that ATT uverse get this station.

Since you want our opinion, would it be great if AT&T carried all stations, yes, but my opinion, I could care less for this channel as watching soccer on tv is about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

oufanindallas wrote:  the game is just too slow for the majority of people to actually watch a soccer match for an entire game.

You've got to be kidding me.  The match is over 105 minutes after the broadcast starts.  There are no commercials except at halftime...which lasts about 10 minutes.  

105 minutes into an NFL broadcast, you'll be just starting the 3rd quarter, and a scoreline of 14-14 (2-2 if you dont wanna count by 7s) is about the norm, and you'll likely have watched 15 minutes of actual gameplay.

The only reason that you get the illusion of the game being slow is because the camera is zoomed out and players are spaced out over 80 yards, rather than 20.  How many times are 60 yard passes complete in any given NFL game?  Now how about comparing that to how many times a 60 yard pass is "completed" in a soccer game (dozens of times).

Either way...why are you even posting in this topic to tear apart the reasoning for what someone else wants ATT to carry?  BEIN Sport has exclusive rights to the spanish league, the italian league, the french league, and the english championship (english 2nd division)...as well as all the USA national team world cup qualifiers which are played outside of the US.  While that may not be appealling to you, its MASSIVELY appealing to me.

The reason its not carried is because they havent agreed a price...simple as that.  BEIN sport feels that theyre worth more than what ATT is willing to pay.  The only way to convince ATT that BEIN is worth more is for individuals to voice their desire to have access to this channel....sooo...

ATT, please add this channel.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.