KMinKC's profile
KMinKC
#1 Star!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Feb 3, 2015 2:29 AM

Watch ESPN App Issue - "User Not Authorized" Error

I'm a U-200 subscriber, I get all of the ESPN channels on u-verse.  I recently moved to Kansas City from Chicago, and since the move I haven't been able to access Watch ESPN online.  I've tried from my laptop, phone and two different tablets.  I just get the User Not Authorized error.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  I don't have time to spend an hour on hold waiting for tech support.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 y ago

watch espn app has not worked for a week now... can't log on at all.  have tried to uninstall and re install countless times.  the online chat people don't know anything either.  they just tell you to use the uverse app which does not have the same viewing options that i want...help!!!  please fix this AT&T!!!!

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

26.7K Messages

6 y ago

I would suggest that anyone experiencing this problem click this AT&T logoU-verse Customer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to report it. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelope  in the upper right hand corner of this site, next to your name and avatar) in a business day or three.

Please Include your name, your Billing Account Number, and the best time and way to reach you.  Maybe if they get enough reports they'll take it more seriously and get a fix out there.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

26.7K Messages

6 y ago

I would suggest that anyone experiencing this problem click this AT&T logoU-verse Customer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to report it. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelope  in the upper right hand corner of this site, next to your name and avatar) in a business day or three.

Please Include your name, your Billing Account Number, and the best time and way to reach you.  Maybe if they get enough reports they'll take it more seriously and get a fix out there.

In the meantime, I would suggest you try the U-verse website or app.  The content may be more limited, but it seems to work.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 y ago

Yeah,  thanks!  i have done the online chat route 3 times and called twice.  i don't think they care.  they seem to want everyone to use the uverse app.  we're probably just going to go back to time-warner....

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

26.7K Messages

6 y ago

@jungle1955 wrote:

Yeah,  thanks!  i have done the online chat route 3 times and called twice.  i don't think they care.  they seem to want everyone to use the uverse app.  we're probably just going to go back to time-warner....

Both online chat and phone support are (In My Personal and Humble Opinion) worthless for a technical issue.  They don't understand what you're talking about well enough to create a coherent report.  On the other hand, the people who handle the PM box to which I referred you do understand what you're talking about; however they can only get serious attention paid to something that a lot of identified accounts are having an issue with.  Forum posts don't really count near as much as accounts with an open support ticket.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

6 y ago

I'm having a ton of trouble accessing the WatchESPN app... I've used it thousands of times. All of a sudden i'm not told "user not authorized" I called customer service and they could have been less helpful telling me i needed to suscribe to a sports package... Something i know is absolutely incorrect. Can anyone help me?

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

6 y ago

@Mdizzle1  It's a known problem, being worked on.  ATT Uverse Care suggests using Uverse online for many of the programs on the app. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 y ago

The WatchESPN app does not seem to be recognizing my Uverse credentials when I try to watch live sports.   If I go to WatchESPN on my laptop and click on a live game, I get a message that says "User Not Authorized Error".   I have U450, so I should have access to all the ESPN and SEC channels, etc.

When I go to the WatchESPN app on AppleTV, obtain the activation code on the "verify your TV provider" screen, then enter the activation code on a web browser, it doesn't ever complete the activation on AppleTV.    I sat on the phone with AT&T for over an hour today waiting for them to resolve the issue, but no luck.   They acted like many customers have been complaining about this problem though.

Anybody know how I can quickly get this issue resolved?  Thanks.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 y ago

ok i'll give it a try.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 y ago

just sent a rather ranting email to uverse customer service as was suggested.  i will let everyone know if there are any changes with this issue.  i was just bummed because i missed a bunch of us open tennis matches and some cricket matches that i really wanted to watch...1st world probz for sure, but i have paid a lot of $$$ for the services.....

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 y ago

everytime i click on the uverse as the provider it brings me back to the provider screen again?

any help would be appreciate I have tried on my laptop, iphone all the same?

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

6 y ago

@cptstarr wrote:

everytime i click on the uverse as the provider it brings me back to the provider screen again?

any help would be appreciate I have tried on my laptop, iphone all the same?

A currently known problem for some, they are working on it.  ATT Uverse Care suggest Uverse Online, under Live TV. 

Yesterday I saw 10+ football games available there at one time on ESPN3. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

6 y ago

Same issue here.  Customer support says it's a widespread outage affecting many users than "they're working on it."  I've PM'd customer care and they haven't found a fix yet and neither has tech support.  This has been going on for weeks.  If it's not fixed soon, I'm going back to my old service provider.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 y ago

I am in the same boat too. It worked on 9/3/2015 but stopped on 9/4/2015 across all of these apps. Now, it just says I'm not authorized. Would love to know how to fix.

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

6 y ago

Hello @ScottyKCMO

This seems to be a wide spread problem if you already were not aware.

You should send a message to ATTU-verseCare with the link in my signature. Include your name, account number, phone number, and a good time to reach you. Check the blue envelope at the top right corner of this page for their reply.

Good Luck.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.