For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
KMinKC's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, February 3rd, 2015 2:29 AM

Closed

Watch ESPN App Issue - "User Not Authorized" Error

I'm a U-200 subscriber, I get all of the ESPN channels on u-verse.  I recently moved to Kansas City from Chicago, and since the move I haven't been able to access Watch ESPN online.  I've tried from my laptop, phone and two different tablets.  I just get the User Not Authorized error.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  I don't have time to spend an hour on hold waiting for tech support.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

U450 subscriber with UVerse internet here.  I've read about this problem several times on the forums, but I figured I would post it here as well for the sake of exposure and to see if anyone has made any progress on the issue.

All television apps (Showtime Anytime, WatchESPN, HBOGO, etc.) have all been unusable since my service was installed about two months ago.  Every time I attempt to login, I get a generic "server error" or "Unable to login at this time. Please try again later."  I've tried on multiple machines with multiple browsers using multiple wifi networks and they always fail to authenticate my credentials.  They don't say my username/password are wrong (they aren't)...it just gives me an error and shoots me back to the homepage.

Over the past three weeks I've spent many hours in contact with support.  They have given a variety of responses, generally indicating that there is an outage affecting authentication for a subset of customers that will be fixed any day now, but I have yet to hear anything back after they hang up the phone.  They also tell me to access uverse.com which works, but is far from ideal for me.  I've also been in contact with the good folks at the customer care team here and they've done better than anyone else (they even managed to restore my HBOGO access for a day or two) but that has oddly stopped working and now nothing works again.

Anyway, this is really frustrating because my wife and I travel a good bit and really enjoy having our content on the go.  Has anyone else had their 3rd party app problem resolved?  If you have, please let me know what you did.  I'm at the end of my rope and about to go back to my old service provider.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@john0811   It's a known problem, they are working on it.  No restoration time noted.  ATT Uverse Care suggests using Uverse Online for many of the same programs, Live TV and Network (even though you tried it).

Know most of the Watch ESPN content ends up under ESPN3 on Uverse Online Live TV.  I've seen 10 football games available last Saturday.   Nothing you can do, it's an ATT authorization problem for some users.

I don't even have to sign into Watch ESPN, automatically comes up 'powered by ATT Uverse'. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@Miuculano   It's a known problem to ATT Uverse Care, they are working on it, but no restorations time noted.  They recommend Uverse online for the programs you want.

Much of Watch ESPN was at Live TV under ESPN3, at least 10 football games were there last Saturday. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I'm having the same issue. Sat on the phone for over an hour with someone in tech support who asked me to call back next week and see if it's been resolved. I then realized how poor of a response that was and called back with details from this post. The next lady I spoke to had no interest in helping me at all. They said it wasn't an AT&T issue even though every app I've tried says to contact AT&T.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

So I got a note from support that it had been escalated and a question as to whether it had been fixed.  Shouldn't they know?  BTW the answer is NO.  Now what ?

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

9 years ago

Just going to have to use http://uverse.com for now until the problem is fixed.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I used to be able to watch ESPN3 through WatchESPN (computer), and through my iPhone, and iPad, now I get a 'not an authorized user' message.  My username and password are correct -- i can log into my App to view my account.  I can no longer watch HBO go through my device (tried only on iPhone).   We recently moved, which appears to have complicated the issue.  Was told to wait until new billing cycle and everything 'should reset' -- it didn't.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Got an email from Uverse care saying they did some things on their end to resolve issues. Required me to delete cookies, delete/reinstall apps, etc. Still didn't work, but I'm glad they're starting to try some things out. 

Will post on here any successes I have; if I can give a glimmer of hope for people in the same predicament, that would spare a lot of defections to competitors.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Still didn't work. I'll send a PM.

I'm at work (so not on my AT&T Uverse home network), and I deleted the Watch ESPN app on my iPhone and reinstalled from the App Store. When I started the app, it asked for my provider and login info (which is good, it means all cookies and stored data were gone, as per the instructions). But after logging in, it still gives me the "user not authorized" message.

I suspect that this will happen on other devices/platforms (Xbox, laptop, Apple TV, Android tablet), so I'm not even going to bother with those. But this is going on 4 months now and it's getting ridiculous.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I solved the issue.

Background: I have not been able to login with my main on an app or stream since early April (Still can't login, even to this day) My Uverse.com login DOES work.

Solution: I created a sub account on the myAT&T site. After the creation of the account, it doesn't show up as 1 of my possible 30 (takes 24 hours to process). NOT true, I deleted the app and logged in to the new SUB account that I created and it's working perfectly fine now.

I know this isn't the solution everyone wants to hear. At least its a quick fix and no more USER NOT AUTHORIZED error.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.