KMinKC's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, February 3rd, 2015 2:29 AM

Closed

Watch ESPN App Issue - "User Not Authorized" Error

I'm a U-200 subscriber, I get all of the ESPN channels on u-verse.  I recently moved to Kansas City from Chicago, and since the move I haven't been able to access Watch ESPN online.  I've tried from my laptop, phone and two different tablets.  I just get the User Not Authorized error.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  I don't have time to spend an hour on hold waiting for tech support.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I actually have the exact same problem as a U450 subscriber.

I've had my U-Verse account for 4 years with no issue accessing HBOGo, showtime anytime, watch espn, starz, cinemax, amc, etc.

I moved in January and since then I get this error message for all online streaming services other than uverse online.

I've contacted AT&T multiple times regarding this and there last "resolution" earlier this week was I have to create a seperate account for all these services and not use my u-verse login that I've always used.  This obviously makes no sense since you have to login using your TV provider account to view this.

At this point I'm getting ready to just cancel my account and change providers as the main reason I pay so much a month for TV is due to alot of travel and I used to be able to use these services to watch what I wanted on the road.

I don't think AT&T cares at all about a problem that is obviously with their system and has something to do with my transfer of services.

I've spent multiple hours on hold and trying random "tests" that obviously won't serve any purpose other than to make consumers who don't know any better think they know how to fix the problem.  It's been a very frustrating few months for a service I used to love and recommend to friends and coworkers.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

I just realized this week that I am also having the same problem when I tried to stream from AMC's site. It gives me a similar user not authorized error message. Definitely seems like an authentication problem with AT&T.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

Hallelujah! This just got resolved!

Thanks to the diligent efforts of someone at ESPN, they finally got AT&T to take action. It turns out the problem is in AT&T's accounts database. Apparently there are two databases, and they occasionally get out of synch for some accounts, so that the authentication service doesn't show that a subscriber has access to certain channels, even though that subscriber does.

Got a call from an AT&T tech, who had been contacted by ESPN's tech support. He forced a synch of the data on my account, and authentication now works as it should.

Perhaps this info will be of help to other people who are having the same problem. 

Former Employee

• 

50 Messages

9 years ago

For anyone who encounters this issue, one solution that has been offered on these forums that may help you quickly and easily solve the problem is to please try changing the password for your Member ID by visiting Forgot User ID / Password. After your password is changed, please try signing on to the app you are having issues with again. If you continue to experience issues signing on, please send AT&T U-verse Care a private message by clicking here. Please include the Account number, Member ID you are having difficulties with, and some contact details to be able to authenticate your account. 

Thanks,

Dan

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I recently moved and had my uverse service moved with me. Since then I have been getting an error message from WatchESPN that I'm not authorized to play content etc. I never got this prior to the move. Please help

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@amschaefer wrote:

I recently moved and had my uverse service moved with me. Since then I have been getting an error message from WatchESPN that I'm not authorized to play content etc. I never got this prior to the move. Please help

This post should be of help to you:

https://forums.att.com/t5/Troubleshoot-Internet-Service/Watch-ESPN-User-not-authorized-error/m-p/4240673#M2296

Also look at the post below this one on the link.  Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

for some reason the watch ESPN app is saying that I'm not authorized to view anything through the site. It's not even allowing me to enter my user info, so I'm thinking there is a problem between ATT /the app. This is happening both to my iPhone and iPad apps.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

No problem accessing the WatchESPN app here.  Are you a U-verse TV subscriber, and have you been able to access the app before?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

After signing on to the watch ESPN app with my att info I am getting a "used not authorized" error. After searching it appears numerous people are or were having this issue. I have the highest cable package so I should not be having these issues. I would hate to have to cancel my account but that's the direction I'm leaning towards if this does not get corrected.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @Plzhlp411,

I am sorry about the issues you are having with your WatchESPN, but I will be glad to help. I will be sending you a private message to gather more information.

-David T

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.