Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
ajwdct

Scholar

• 

109 Messages

Thu, Oct 20, 2016 10:32 PM

UverseTV STB update without notice & drastic changes to On Screen TV Guide!

During last night's (10:25pm Pacific time Oct 19th) set top box (STB) firmware update, the Channel Short Cuts function for the on screen tv guide was eliminated.  That means you can NO LONGER view tv channels by category to see what's on at any given time, e.g. SPORTS, NEWS, VARIETY, MOVIES, LOCAL, GOVT, etc

There were many ON SCREEN GUIDE CHANGES for which Uverse TV customers didn't receive any notification of + TV service was interrupted for 5 to 7 minutes during tv prime time watching.  Yet customers receive plenty of promotional Uverse emails, but no notification of a very serious change to the STB functionality?

Also, my Favorite channels were deleted & I had to manually restore them.

This comes <2 weeks after a Uverse Residential GW firmware update deleted the 2 WiFi networks I had configured.  A tech had to be dispatched to recreate them as no one at the 800 # or any tech managers were aware of the bug in the Res GW update that deleted configured WiFi channels and reset the WiFi AP/Router in the GW to the single default WiFi network & password.

Responses

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Just posted we are having the same issue. UGH! Fix it AT&T!!
Dgaxe1987

Employee

• 

69 Messages

4 years ago

sometimes the box volume itself gets lowered somehow, and the only way to is to use unprogrammed at&t remote to raise the volume again. heres how to unprogram your remote to give it a shot. https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/u-verse-tv/KM1000944. which remote do you have? i can help you also re-program it.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Yesterday, the last button function changed from just the last channel watched previously to a menu of five of the last watched channels, from which you can select what "Last" channel to watch.  Is this a new feature, did I hit an unknown button, can I change it back to just last???

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @Jwd600,

What connection type are you using to your TV (HDMI/Component)? Also, check your receiver settings to make sure they are not on surround sound.

-ATTU-verseCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

4 years ago

@mikegb - To return the LAST button to normal function - MENU- system options- Recent panel setttings

You can select from the last five channels viewed by pressing the UP arrow.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.2K Messages

4 years ago

To clarify:  Menu>Options>System>Recently Watched>Enable/Disable Recenty Watched  

Be sure to "Save" your selection.

Don't mess with old people.  The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks, have successfully reset.  I recognize the advantage of this feature, but it would be easier if you just use the last button repeatedly to cycle through.  Switching to the gray side buttons and then using okay isn't much different than entering the channel number from a number of steps point of view.  With a disabled person, simplicity counts.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks, see followup reply for comment

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I will admit that it is an easy way to set up and see a multiview, except it cycles off after 10 sec.  Great way to commercial skip in real time.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I use HDMI connection. My receiver setting is on stereo.

dhascall

ACE - Master

• 

9.8K Messages

4 years ago

@Jwd600 and @GTRGuy: Do you notice this on the TV connected to the DVR, non-DVR receiver or all receivers?

I have audio dropouts on my DVR receiver connected to my TV via HDMI but not on my other two receivers.  I wonder if switching to RGB cables would fix it?  They have had similar issues in the past, where switching to component (RGB) cables fixed it.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

It is on all receivers. Problem only arose after latest update.

dhascall

ACE - Master

• 

9.8K Messages

4 years ago

@Jwd600 wrote:

It is on all receivers. Problem only arose after latest update.

Thanks.  I have not noticed that, on the most recent update.  What I did notice is that there is no longer differences in audio levels between SD and HD audio on the same channel.  They all now sound low.  Also, they are rolling this update out region by region.  Some got 6-7 weeks ago.  One would think if it was a affecting all, more would have complained.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

That function still exists. When you're on the guide screen, press the bottom/right button on your remote control next to the "0" button. Channel Shortcuts is now an option on the list.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Yes it does seem to be a rather isolated problem.

Get started...

Ask a new question