jhs29er's profile

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

Tuesday, June 9th, 2020 12:12 AM

Uverse TV Pixellations (Wireless STB, VAP2500)

Hello. We have ATT Fiber 1 GB and also have home phone and Uverse TV as part of our setup. Our TV configuration is 1 box directly connected to the ATT Modem, the other 3 have "wireless STBs" which connect to the VAP2500 access point. We also have an eero mesh in order to accommodate the numerous dead spots in our home. From an internet performance perspective, we're good.

Our issue is on the 3 wireless STBs. We have noticed that if there is a lot of network traffic, the TVs get pixellated and will often freeze. I can sometimes do this on demand by running speed tests Typically it will resolve itself and catch up. If not, we can resolve by changing the channels and in the worst case, restarting the STB.

This is becoming increasingly frustrating. Any thoughts to what settings to look at? The eero is setup on IP Passthrough as we were directed so I think we can rule that out. The only thing I can think of is that this is due to some network interference. I understand the wireless STBs communicate over a secure 5Ghz band separate and distinct from our normal WIFI SSID. So the only thing I could think of is if there is some IP conflict going on... but I'm not a networking expert so I'm hoping this group can provide some guidance.

Thank you for your help.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

4 years ago

Is the wireless access point (wap) connected to the gateway? If not, connect it to the gateway. Try restarting your gateway. If that doesn’t work, try moving the Wap around. What signal strength do the stb’s have? If possible, connect them via Ethernet cable to the gateway.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.