For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
bunkerc's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, December 30th, 2014 9:47 PM

U-verse Showcase Channel (1800) programming

I have no idea where to post this, but there was a show on U-verse's HD Showcase channel (channel 1800) called "It's a Dog's World."  It was basically 30 minutes of HD, slow-motion puppies set to pleasing background music.  We had it recorded and our 2 year old watched it 2-3 times per day.  Our U-verse box crapped out and we had to replace it which knocked out our saved programs, including that one.  It wouldn't be a problem if we could re-record it, but it seems to have been dropped from the channel programming entirely.

I know this is a long shot, but any way to get it added back so that we can placate our 2 year old?  She asks for it at the top of every hour and it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

We've checked through January 13th (as far as the Guide shows it) and it's not included.  I'm guessing based on the response there's no way to get it added without knowing who "owns" the programming for the channel.

Person who owns the programming - if you're out there, please add it back!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

Check out youtube.com.

I did not see it, but I do not know what I am looking for. There are seven pages of listings. If you do not find it you may find something else.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Love this channel. And my cats absolutely love it! Today, I found my cat mesmerized by "Fuzzy Friends" and "Bear Country". The music for all of these videos is absolutely beautiful and peaceful too! Please show more pet videos!!

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

From what I understand, AT&T buys this content from a media aggregator (sp?).  So basically, there is no telling what you will find but much of it is very pleasing on the eye.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I just noticed that as of Mid-night, March 2, 2016 the guide is showing showcase as being off-air. Is this the end of U-verse Showcase?

Why? DirecTV don't have the showcase channel. As a customer I like my U-verse not DirecTV.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

8 years ago

http://programmingchanges.att.com lists all we know.

But yes...based off what happened when Sirius and XM merged a few years ago, it is only a matter of time until DirecTV and U-Verse have the same channels, for better or worse.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I lost my U-verse showcase channel last night! Honestly, I've been solicited by AT&T to drop U-Verse and switch to Direct TV! The only reason that I was hanging on to U-Verse was for the serenity that the Showcase channel gives me. I just called customer service and they confirmed that it is indeed a channel that was lost due to ongoing negotiations, and they are not sure at this point if they will get it back. That just sucks (for lack of a better phrase..).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am extremely disappointed that the World Showcase channel has been dropped. We watched it regularly in our home. My toddler loved seeing the animals! We loved the serene music that was so relaxing, the beautiful scenery, and the seasonal shows were pure delights! Bring it back! What a huge mistake to not air this channel anymore. This was one of Uverse's shining and positive rays of sunshine and they just snubbed it out!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Thanks for making the call for us. May just cancel HD.

According to this thread it is never coming back.

https://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Bring-back-1800/td-p/4763254

Maybe it's not AT&T's fault, but it'd be nice if they develop an alternative solution!

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@seanb333 wrote:

Thanks for making the call for us. May just cancel HD.

According to this thread it is never coming back.

https://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Bring-back-1800/td-p/4763254

Maybe it's not AT&T's fault, but it'd be nice if they develop an alternative solution!

Think that may be why Uverse's cost was $17/mo/user ($10 Million)  more than DirecTV's.  These were superfluous propaganda channels of no real value that somehow many thought they were a panacea.

That's right, cut off your HD to have wonderful SD (it is the best of any provider), put the DVR/STB in wide screen SD and you might not even notice it. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.