• 

2 Messages

Mon, Apr 6, 2020 2:40 PM

UVerse On Demand Freezes and Sound Cuts Out

Seen a lot of posts about this, but no solutions:

I think I have a rather robust setup but On Demand totally unwatchable. Gigabit fiber optic speed both up and down. New DVR box. New 4k TV with Cat5 directly to the back of the Router.

Normal Uverse channels all can be watched without any issues. Great picture, great sound, no problems.

When attempting to watch any programming on Demand, however, picture freezes every 15 seconds, and sound also cuts out very frequently. Un watchable.

Happens on TV connected to DVR box as well as all other TV's connected to regular boxes in other rooms.

Happens on all on demand content, not just one series.

Happens ONLY on demand, normal broadcast cable channels are all good.

Can't be any of the ABC's of support, like unplug box and plug in, otherwise regular broadcast channels would also be bad.

Fiber optic gigabit speed internet runs consistently in the 900's up and down, so no bandwidth issues.

Lots of posts on many websites about this, have never seen a solution, is it that bad that UVerse On Demand is unwatchable?

Responses

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

I have TV UVerse that freezes picture and sounds for seconds at a time. ATT has run every test possible. Inevitably, I get hung up on or disconnected. Even the automated system hung up on me. My one year special pricing has expired, but I am not doing anything until they fix the issue. I have documented every call for whatever good that does. I think that they have violated the contract so I should be able to cancel.

• 

2 Messages

Considering the amount of bandwidth that I have, I find it unconscionable that this is what I should expect from on-demand, which is useless. I have no problems with broadcast channels, only on demand, but if you do a search for uverse on demand freezes and sound cuts out, you will unfortunately find lots of people on different websites looking for answers and nowhere does anyone post a solution.

And with coronavirus, its impossible to get a tech on the phone in less than 3 hours.