U-verse Internet and TV Down - Quick Fixes & Solutions from AT&T
If you have just started having trouble or service has been acting up for some time, check out some troubleshooting steps below. These steps below have been provided by the U-verse Community Manager and are the most common fixes based on their interactions with other forums members.
Note: If you are experiencing an outage, the following may not resolve service issues. During an outage, DVR functions are unavailable.
The Fastest Fix – Sometimes
A reset can be the easiest fixes for service loss and intermittent service drops, slow speeds, and the dreaded red x.
- Modem (Residential Gateway) On the rear of the modem is a red button. Press and hold that for 10 seconds.
- Receiver – Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
A reset of the entire system can get you back up and running in most cases.
How To Resolve Slow Speeds
A reset can also resolve slow speeds! Not only do you need to reset the modem, you need to reset your devices!
- Reset your modem - (Residential Gateway) On the rear of the modem is a red button. Press and hold that for 10 seconds.
- Restart your device - Applications and processes that run in the background on your device can slow speeds. A reset clears this up.
If your Wi-Fi speeds are slow, you will find some additional steps here to improve your experience.
Power and Cable Connections
Sometimes the cables are disconnected or may loosen if bumped into.
- Make sure power is plugged in
- Make sure the connections from the wall to receiver and receiver to the TV are secure
Pixilation, Freeze, and Recording Failure
Surge protectors, power strips, and some UPS devices can cause service disruption affecting picture quality, service drops and even affect your recordings. If you are using these devices, plug the AT&T equipment into a wall outlet. This has been the easiest and fastest fix for issues like this. We have worked with members in the past who had had issues for months. When the devices were plugged into a wall outlet, this resolved the the trouble they were having.
If your TV services are still acting up, you fill find additional troubleshooting steps here.
To Troubleshoot Without Havint To Call In
Text the word myATT to 556699 from any device and get a link to download the myATT Troubleshoot and Resolve app.
ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist
AT&T Customer Care
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp