For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
SacTaylor13's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, June 20th, 2017 11:41 PM

UVerse app says (away from home) when watching LIVE TV on iPAD

When watching LIVE TV via the Uverse application on my iPad, I get the message (away from home) below the channel list, even though I'm only a few feet away from the AT&T router.

My full set of channels is not available, and I'm unable to watch local channels at all.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Guru

• 

464 Messages

7 years ago

Make sure you are on your wifi. That is the message you should receive onlywhen not on your AT&T local network.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

No, my ipad is connected to my AT&T provided WiFi but still "thinks" the ipad is "away from home".

Guru

• 

464 Messages

7 years ago

You may need to delete cache and cookies, close the browser, and reopen. The system is designed to auto-login within the network.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Please forgive my ignorance, but if I'm accessing Uverse TV on my iPad
using the Uverse App, how do I "delete cache and cookies"?

Thanks for any help with this.

Former Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

7 years ago

@Tretiree - Please check your PMs.  🙂

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

What are "PMs"?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I am having the same issue. Did you ever get an answer or resolution?  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hello, 

I am having the exact same problem. I am on the U-Verse app sitting no more than 5 ft away from the AT&T Network Gateway and the app thinks i am away from home and limits the channel choice. Can someone from AT&T respond to this problem in the open forum please?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

You have to go to channel 9301 on your Uverse and make your network discoverable -- name your connection (living room etc..) and say OK. Then go to your Ipad.. and tap the gear icon - select receivers - and select your receiver you just named (living room) -- voila - you're done and you'll be 'at home'

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.