Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Get to the head of the class with our Back to School deals!
_

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Jun 3, 2020 9:20 PM

UVerse 200

I would like to know why on U-verse 200 you guys allow CNN, MSNBC free. Whereas, I need to upgrade my cable another hundred dollars in order to get Fox News. I think that’s unfair and biased. after being a customer for 20 years. And then going through the Covid and having to lower my grade of television in order to have cable and Internet that I can afford I find it disgusting that you are not fair with your coverage for free cable. Waiting for an answer

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

skeeterintexas

ACE - Expert

• 

14.6K Messages

a month ago

Fox News is available on U200.. See THIS CHANNEL LINEUP

Here's this in case you need a visual:

Check channel 210.

Edit: There is no "free cable". Certain channels and networks are included in certain package levels....but there's no free cable. *smdh*

(edited)

When you're in your 60s & people ask you to do something, you just say "No".  No reason.  No excuse.  No explanation.  I can't wait for my 70s.  I don't think I'll even answer.   -  Jerry Seinfeld

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

@skeeterintexas so even the most basic cable on AT &T provides CNN & MSNBC & BBC. BUT I NEED TO PAY $100 more just to get FNC.... why??? Completely bias

One sided

ACE - Expert

• 

14.6K Messages

I would like to know why on U-verse 200 you guys allow CNN, MSNBC free. Whereas, I need to upgrade my cable another hundred dollars in order to get Fox News

Your concern was that Fox News was not available on U200 and I showed you that Fox News is available on U200.

So what's your issue now?

(edited)

When you're in your 60s & people ask you to do something, you just say "No".  No reason.  No excuse.  No explanation.  I can't wait for my 70s.  I don't think I'll even answer.   -  Jerry Seinfeld

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

Yes. I do realize this. My point now is that I’m on basic cable due to me loosing my job of 24 yrs. It still provides access to CNN MSNBC BBC but not FN. I would need to pay another $80 monthly. My question is WHY?

I find this unacceptable for a cable company to be so bias.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.6K Messages

Which package level do you have?

Look at the channel lineup at the link I provided. Neither U-Basic or U-Family have CNN or BBC (MSNBC is not listed anywhere). If you have one of those packages and are getting CNN and/or BBC, you're special.

Edit: Here's a PDF file with another channel line up https://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/consumer/support/landingpage/userguides/pdf/u-verse-channel-directory.pdf

AGAIN, BBC/CNN/FoxNews/MSNBC are all listed on U-200 and above. If you don't have U-200, I don't see how you're getting any of the cable news networks.

(edited)

ACE - Professor

• 

3.4K Messages

Years ago, Fox News was on U-100 and Fox Business was on U-300. Eventually, they both moved to U-200.

At that time and if I can correctly remember things, people who kept U-100 were allowed to keep Fox News. However, once a customer switched off U-100 to any other tier and then switched back to U-100, they'd lose Fox News. It did not matter their reason for switching or the time they were off U-100...one day or one year.

But hold on...

I wonder if there's some sort of free preview going on now with various channels. Since I'm on U-300, I wouldn't be able to verify things, but I know for the past few months, they've had a free preview of various Spanish-language and HD Premium channels.

Keep in mind that it's not really up to AT&T what channels to offer. If Disney says "Disney XD but not ESPN can be free" that's all AT&T can offer.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

14.6K Messages

Good thinking @baseballisback BUT here's the rub:

Free content for our DIRECTV and U-verse customers during this time:

More News & Entertainment: We’re adding the following channels to DIRECTV and U-verse packages (for customers that do not currently have this programming) to keep customers entertained and informed:

News: BBC World News, CNBC, CNN, CNN International, Fox Business Network, Fox News Channel, MSNBC, One America News Network

AGAIN...BBC, CNN, MSNBC and FOX News are all included. The OP seems to think there's some sort of conspiracy to make Fox News the exception. *eye roll*

bogar90706

Teacher

• 

77 Messages

Boy it must have been a slow day from Fox and Fiends (misspell intentional)

bogar90706

Teacher

• 

77 Messages

a month ago

Can't take you seriously if your post is riddled with grammar and illogical statements. Have you tried griping on Facebook instead? They may listen to your rant.

Get started...

Ask a new question