For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Markov3041's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, May 25th, 2011 12:52 AM

U-Family to U200 for just one month?

Hello, I'm currently a subscriber of the U-Family package which is perfectly fine through most of the year. With the Gold Cup coming up on the Fox Soccer Channel next month though, I'm currently without a way of viewing this tournament.

Is it possible to go to channel 7000 or whatever channel it is, I'm not at home now to check, and switch to the U200 option for just one month? I don't have much use for U200 and would like to switch back to U-Family at the end of June if possible. Will this work out or would I be stuck with paying the U200 price for longer set amount of time before being able to switch back?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

From the support article found in the link below:

Note:  A change fee applies if a premium TV service or TV subscription package is disconnected within 30 days of activation.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB400966#fbid=TD_QEJcI6bE

Thus, as long as you maintain the U200 package for at least 30 days, you should be fine.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

13 years ago

I think you should call cs and inquire there.

Professor

• 

2K Messages

13 years ago

Call the billing office, as they can most likely give you a promotion for one month.  Keep it for at least 30 days, and you'll be fine.  If you cancel DURING the second month, it'll be pro-rated, so you won't have to pay the full monthly price.

If you do see a $5 change fee, call in and complain.  I've had many free previews, canceled on the last day, and was charged only for some of them.  They've always been nice enough to give me a $5 credit on the next bill.

As for the Gold Cup, FSC has all USA games live, as well as the final live.  I've heard that they may have a quarterfinal and semifinal live, but i'm not sure.  TeleFutura, Galavision, and Univision are available between channels 3002 and 3007 if you don't get those channels over-the-air.  All games will be aired live, in Spanish, on these channels.  (However, I think you'd still need the U-200 for all of these channels.)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.