golder's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Aug 15, 2015 9:00 PM

TV stutters/pixelation and loss of service during storms

This normally happens when a storm is coming. It gets worse during a thunderstorm with lightning. I saw a post here that recommended changing the ethernet cable from the outside into a one with stronger shielding but not sure about the cabling going into my premises.

We also lose service (TV and internet) during the day, almost every day from a couple of minutes to as long as an hour and a half. We were hoping that AT&T could at least inform us if the network is being serviced but we have received none. First time here in the Community and so, I'll try to check past posts to see if there is any trend to this.

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

7 y ago

@golder   That daily problem might be caused by this:

If you happen to have a 510/589 RG, IPv6 causes disconnects, rebooting and browsing problems.

Disable IPv6 in the RG's Gui. http://192.168.1.254/

About the storm problem, have a hunch water is getting into the lines somewhere and causing the freezing/pixelization.

We get plenty of thunderstorms here in metro Detroit, w/no problems, and one night I had a flash/BOOOM real close lightening strike at same time and not a blip on my system.

I'd click the ATT Uverse Care link in my signature below, send the PM, explain your situation.

Include your name, account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.