LaBandera's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Monday, August 6th, 2018 8:07 PM

Closed

TV Picture Freezing

My TV picture freezes occasionally for a few seconds, then starts up again. This began yesterday, August 5. I noted a freeze on channel 934 at 10:05am, another freeze on channel 934 at 1:33pm, and another on 934 at 1:44pm. This morning August 6 on channel 938 at 8:10am another freeze. Earlier this morning there was a picture freeze that lasted for several minutes but the audio continued. I did not note the exact time but it was around 5am. The other problem that began yesterday (August 5) was slow response to DVR commands to erase. Usually the response is quick.

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

5 years ago

If they do read them ,they will not admit it,nor will they comment ,so yes we are just blowing in the wind ,good luck

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

5 years ago

Basic trouble shooting ,is correct, the answer there is always reboot  G/W or STB ,just a basic answer for basic problems ,these reboots are just a temporary fix, for a permanent problem  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Wi-fi interference - if you are in an apartment or condo too many wi-fe signals

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have this problem with Directv.  It looks like this is a common problem with U-verse.  Is there a solution for this freezing problem on Directv?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I have had the same issues, freezing, often followed by pixelation. The streaming version of the same content is not affected. For example if I switch to My Amazon Fire Cube, and go to HBO GO and watch the same content that is freezing on a UVerse HBO channel everything is fine. After our second DVR box died AT&T insisted they had to replace the gateway as well as the DVR in March 2019. We went over 3 years without these issues and they have not been able to fix this for 3 months, even replacing the DVR again. I plan to cancel the UVerse service as soon as I have an antenna installed on our roof. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Hello All... I found this discussion by googling "U-Verse S**ks".  And it does.  I've had U-verse for just about 1 month now (switched over from Dish). And I tell ya - right now this looks like one of the dumbest decisions I've ever made.  I never had a TV show freeze up /stutter with dish. NEVER. These problems with U-verse hit here every 5 minutes or so!!   AT&T HAS GOT TO PROVIDE IN-HOME DIAGNOSTICS FOR THESE TV FREEZING UP ISSUES!!!  Is the problem packet loss coming into the residence? Is it packet loss/delay at the transmit (remote) side of the channel streaming the content? Is it a data loss problem inside the DVR? Is it all of the above?  Has anyone ever had a case of the video portion of a show freezing while the audio proceeds? (I've had that twice now.) On my my next call to AT&T support -- I'm going to escalate to someone in engineering. This service really is a joke (so far). And I've only had the service a month!!  (DISH!!! PLEASE TAKE ME BACK??)

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I've had the same issue ever since AT&T replaced my DVR box due to my
existing one failing (and losing 100+ hours of recordings). When they did
this, they told me they would need to replace the gateway as well. They
also removed my old Gigabit fiber box and moved the location of the fiber
termination inside. Up till then, I had never really had an issue, other
than a previous DVR dying, in 3 years of service with them. They replaced
the DVR box twice to address the freezing issue, and I had at least 3
visits from techs, all of whom seemed knowledgeable, but none of whom could
fix the freezing/pixelation issue. The first tech, replacing my DVR box,
told me he had had issues with some DVR replacements using the new
equipment, but only with the larger capacity DVR. I decided to take a
chance with that, and it has been awful ever since. That DVR box died in a
few weeks and they put in my 4th DVR box. What makes me certain that the
issue is their equipment is that there is no freezing when I stream the
same material through an Amazon device (FireCube or FireStick) or through
Roku. I have HBO through AT&T UVerse, so I can use the HBOGO app on any of
our 3 streaming devices. I have to quit watching a movie on HBO UVerse and
switch to streaming to avoid the freezing. The only thing I can say about
the freezing is that it is getting worse, 4-5 seconds vs. 1-3, although the
pixelation at the end of the freeze occurs less often. I have installed a
rooftop antenna, and am getting ready to drop the UVerse service and switch
to internet only, which my daughter has already done. The freezing issue is
not due to throughput, a live stream only takes 5-6 Megabits, and my fiber
tests at 960 Megabits (nearly a Gigabit). Something is wrong with either
the gateway router or the DVR box, and my bet is on the DVR box or both.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Have the same problem, but in my case it did not start until 6 weeks ago after having had AT&T Uverse for about a year, and it started without my having made any changes of any kind to my home system. While watching a program the picture will freeze and sometimes pixelate, and then restart after a short period; or the picture will freeze and disappear at times and the no Uverse connection page will come up, and then after a while it will start up again. Very doubtful that it is the DVR box connected to the TV because I have three TV's, each with its own DVR box and it happens on all three (and when I checked, it was happening at the same time on all three). It does not happen for programs obtained via the wifi connection with Amazon fire stick (although with that I have had a different issue of wifi just sometimes being so weak Amazon prime will not come on). AT&T has yet to send any repair service for the new problem. The first few calls just resulted in their updating the system and restarting the Uverse 5268AC box ( which, of course, I had already done) . Then they sent a new 5268AC. Connected that and since then the events have been a little less frequent but still happening.

I am seriously considering changing service. I have had several problems in the past, particularly with wifi not being strong enough. I have AT&T extenders and for most of the day it works fine but then often certain times of day, such as early morning and part of the evening, the signal becomes too weak (and it is actually weak when trying to use an iPad while sitting right next to the 5268AC box). Despite calls, service men coming, and some things being changed, nothing has improved. Before AT&T, I had Comcast (Xfinity) for cable, wifi, and internet). Left because price was just becoming too high, including because you had to pay rental for each DVR. Never had any connection problems in a period of several years. Wifi, internet and cable throughout the house worked fine with no issue of signals being too weak and I did not even need an extender. Sorry I left now because AT&T, despite its claims otherwise, is just inferior service and its attempts to fix the problems that you have seldom provide a permanent solution (and, of course, AT&T never mentions that there are many others having the same problem left unfixed). 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same here.  Have had it for one year and I have to reset almost daily.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have had this problem on all channels for over 2 years. We upgraded to a Genie hoping it would go away, it hasn’t. Genie reboot, receivers rebooted, nothing seems to help. Tonight has been terrible all night freezes on all channels for up to a minute at a time. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.