Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
K

• 

1 Message

Mon, Oct 26, 2020 1:25 PM

TV -any channel skips and goes in and out: short pauses: can’t watch tv

Hello. Every time we try to watch ANY channel on the TV, it’s normal for about 5-10 minutes. Then it starts to glitch every couple seconds so we can’t watch any tv. It happens ok regular channels and HD channels. I did try restarting the cable box and it worked for a day or two but that’s it. It’s only happening to our main cable TV box. It’s not the Tv because we’ve been having to watch Netflix and YouTube which works just fine.

kayla 

Responses

skeeterintexas

ACE - Expert

• 

16.2K Messages

a month ago

When you say "main TV" is this the TV with the DVR?

Equipment dies.  You can call CS 1-800-288-2020.  If it is determined that you need a new DVR or receiver, a replacement can be sent for a self-install.  You have 60 days to return the bad one via UPS/FedEx.

Bear in mind that if it is your DVR you are replacing, you will lose your recordings but not your schedule.

Don't mess with old people.  The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Professor

• 

3.8K Messages

a month ago

Perhaps a tech visit is needed to replace some wires.

I echo calling for tech support.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question