Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
H

• 

3 Messages

Tue, May 18, 2021 9:24 PM

Trouble synching ESPN+ app on Roku stick w/ Uverse account

I have a smart TV which is not hooked up to any cable service. Using a Roku stick I often watch the ESPN+ app. I have an ESPN+ subscription and I am also logged in with my ATT Uverse account. However, if I try to watch any content that is aired on ESPN proper, or ESPN2 (in other words, the content that requires a TV provider login), I am given a message saying "Media Unavailable, this channel is not included in your provider package).

This doesn't make sense because ESPN and ESPN2 *are* indeed included in our AT&T Uverse account. 

I have spent time on the phone with customer service for ESPN and Uverse. I have deleted the app, logged out & logged back in several times.

Any help would be appreciated!!

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

25.7K Messages

7 m ago

You have an ESPN+ subscription.

You are watching shows on the ESPN app.

You are not logging in with your ESPN+ subscription information?  Why not?

• 

3 Messages

7 m ago

I am logged in through my ESPN+ subscription AND my Uverse is linked as my TV provider. The app prompts you to do both.

ESPN+ has separate content from ESPN and ESPN2. I know it's slightly confusing. But I have no trouble watching ESPN+ content. But if you to watch something that is marked as ESPN, you are prompted to log in through your TV provider. As you can see above, you are logged into your ESPN account and your TV provider account simultaneously. 

And again, when I attempt to watch content marked as ESPN, I am greeted this message:

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

25.7K Messages

7 m ago

I just recently got an ESPN+ account and haven't spent much time in the ESPN app since.  I did not know it would ask both.  I'm wondering if it gets confused.  I'm also thinking that maybe some blackout situation applies (i.e. you couldn't watch the game on ESPN either because it is also being shown on some local station that gets precedence (so you have to watch the local commercials).

• 

3 Messages

7 m ago

No, that is a separate message (This game has been blacked out in your area).

I get the "provider subscription" message for everything, Sportscenter, boxing, etc. 

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.